Author Topic: Keeping fit, staying strong  (Read 157011 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Keeping fit, staying strong
« Reply #465 on: August 15, 2013, 12:32:40 am »
nothing at the moment, but once its the weekend, i will be making a huge effort...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 15, 2013, 01:11:25 am »
Sounds like you have been going really well Jess. I've been trying to increase to at least 20 minutes everyday (from 1hr 4 days). On the days not at the gym I've been walking to dogs for at least 1/2hr so going really well. Looks like DH will also be starting work full time soon so things will be even more hectic so I want to be on top of things as much as possible before then.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 15, 2013, 05:41:00 am »
That's really good Wonder, you are going great too.  ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 15, 2013, 09:26:50 pm »
Hi Jess, wonder.

\I got to get fitter, and loose weight. o here goes he journey
7 kilos is the first goal :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 16, 2013, 07:30:15 am »
I'll join you Robyn, lost the plot for awhile, really need to get fit and lose some more weight, my goal is 5kg in 5 weeks. Then we are away on our trip. Still can't swim, but have started walking and back at curves.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 16, 2013, 08:34:46 am »
You can do it Jen and Robyn, it is hard work and takes will power and dedication but definitely worth it. I've been walking the dogs much more over the last 6 months and when they went for their annual checks today the vet commented on how much he loved seeing healthy dogs in the correct weight range as these days they are mostly overweight  :-[

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 22, 2013, 09:32:26 am »
I've been walking for 30 min 3 times this week and have been to curves once and hope to go tomorrow. I downloaded the app run keeper so I know how far I have walked.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 22, 2013, 09:46:28 pm »
Well done Jeninwa.

I missed the exercises yesterday but managed again today. Now we have to do the cow in the mornings it's a bit of a struggle time wise but I find it best to do the ten minutes before breakfast as it loosens me up fr the day. Sometimes if I'm very stiff I start them on the bed to get going then move to the floor.
Walking the pup and doing lots of gardening every day. A variety of tasks from pruning to hand weeding and hoeing so lots of bending and stretching. We've been lucky with the weather so that helps. I guess in the winter I'll be decorating too for bending and stretching.

I can truly feel the difference so it is worth trying to keep it up. It means the body copes with knocks better too. I had a horrid lurgy but only 48hrs was difficult, and I am sure being stronger has helped my immune system too.

Keep up the good work everyone  ;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 22, 2013, 10:05:14 pm »
Keep up the good work Jess and Jen. I've been pretty good this week and have had new programs written at the gym to help with a recurring neck/shoulder problem so need to get used to the different exercises.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 23, 2013, 04:20:41 am »
My kids are taking me walking in the morning, as weekends are my only time I have..

[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 23, 2013, 04:24:27 am »
Robyn thats great that the kids are interested. It's always been a struggle to drag mine along and because I walk so fast these days I much prefer going on my own most of the time so I really feel like I'm getting a workout.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 09, 2013, 10:41:16 pm »
I have got a pedometer as I am on the go almost all day long and I wanted to know approx what I was clocking up.

Opened and set it at 3pm today, did 7.500 steps by bedtime (5.4km/ 3.3 miles) I think I'll easily do the required 10,000 steps/ day. The weight ive gained doesn't shift though... Age related methinks.
Will update every so often.
Does anyone else have a pedometer?

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 10, 2013, 12:36:31 am »
I have one Jess, just a basic one.

yes, 10,000 steps is easy to do on a weekend, when I am running around.
we have a 2 story home, so up and down steps helps me a bit. :)

Wonder, the kids love walking with me..

[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 10, 2013, 03:05:30 am »
I find it too slow walking with the kids - and they lose interest pretty fast.  Hopefully as it gets warmer I can convince them to walk down to the beach a bit more.  Or maybe they can scooter/bike and I can walk/jog. 

I have a fitbit for my pedometer - I did once have a basic one and it was okay, but I am liking that I can wear this one all the time so I'm not forgetting to put it on in the morning.
I've been quite amazed how many steps I can get in just around home - as long as I don't sit on the computer all day, that is...my work days are not great.

I think I'll be feeling my leg muscles tomorrow after going along with DD's kindy to an indoor playground place and climbing up the big slides & ramps etc all day.  I am REALLY tired!  Had a lot of fun though.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 10, 2013, 11:34:03 am »
Sounds great Jo.
4,000 steps already today.

Ok 9800 tonight (7km/ 4.3miles!) and seemingly most of them up and down stairs unloading van with DD belongings. .....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:58:49 pm by Droverjess »