Author Topic: Keeping fit, staying strong  (Read 156993 times)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Re: Keeping fit, staying strong
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2012, 03:15:58 am »
Love that saying Amy. Very true.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2012, 09:52:08 am »
Still dog walking twice a day :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2012, 10:31:45 pm »
LOL Amy, good one.
Lost a few pounds, so can enjoy my days off from Saturday. Yum yum.
Hope to have nice walks if this rain would stop too.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2012, 10:35:49 pm »
Good work DJ :D
If you have a few stairs in you house you can just walk up and down those a few times if the rain doesn't stop :)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2012, 07:36:39 am »
Good walk yesterday, and a good night's sleep.

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2012, 10:53:11 am »
Thats great DJ :D

I swam 2km yesterday and 2.5km today :)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2012, 10:53:43 am »
Okidoki. That's it. I need to stop looking at the shopping thread and start looking at this one! It has been waaay too long since I've thought about exercising. So reading this thread is the first step...maybe tomorrow I'll think about exercising....
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2012, 10:55:16 am »
Well done Amy. What do think about when you swim?

I have exercised for 1hr today and yesterday :) makes me sleep better too DJ.

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2012, 10:57:37 am »
Well done Amy. What do think about when you swim?

I have exercised for 1hr today and yesterday :) makes me sleep better too DJ.

Thanks Kimmy :) Most of the time I think about what I'm going to do with my life :-)) Otherwise I'm concentrating on my breathing and my stroke ;)
Exercise makes me sleep better too! :D

Okidoki. That's it. I need to stop looking at the shopping thread and start looking at this one! It has been waaay too long since I've thought about exercising. So reading this thread is the first step...maybe tomorrow I'll think about exercising....

We'll check up on you tomorrow Jamberie ;D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2012, 11:04:33 am »
Thanks Amy! I think I'll need it!
Maybe my first step will be to dust off my exercise bike and find my runners.....
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2012, 11:11:58 am »
No worries Jamberie ;D Do you have a favourite exercise? I find it hard to stay motivated if I'm doing an exercise that I don't like :-))

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2012, 11:16:19 am »
My favourite exercise is a good spin class...but given I don't have a gym membership at the moment it's not really an option! I like the idea of running but I haven been for a run since before I was pregnant (DD is 2.5!). I think I'm at a point where I just need to do something & running and exercise biking are easy options for me.....thanks for asking :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2012, 11:24:04 am »
I haven't done anything for the last few days, we have a house full of people and struggling to keep up with everything. I'm back at work tomorrow and thinking it will be a rest even though I'll be flat out.

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2012, 11:24:15 am »
This is a great thread! I am all for getting/staying fit and fabulous!

Some of you may know that I have decided to do a full marathon in 2013. I am actually a novice runner, more of a fun runner. And I am slow. Sloooooow. My strides are short and I try not to push myself too much as I don't want to risk injury (who can afford an injury, studying, working and minding a little child). But I do love running and try to stick to my training plans.

To be honest, though, I have to work hard to keep myself motivated. Every morning, without fail, my mind tells me to get back to bed and sleep a little longer. It tells me that I have done well (I kicked all of my baby weight after I started running and am now at my slimmest, even when compared to before baby), therefore I can sit back and relax.

I have recently struggled hard with uni assignments, graduation, work starting and already crazy leading up to Christmas. I have been missing a few runs and have indulged myself in too many treats (thanks to Thermie), but got the much needed kick up the ass a couple days ago to restart my marathon training. To cement my resolution, I have finally come around to signing up for the damn thing!

It's the Canberra Marathon in April 2013.

I hope you don't get too bored with my marathon talk in the next 16 weeks... Hoping to source some support here, too (social media is a great thing, isn't it?). I also intend to fundraise but am investigating a couple of beneficiaries before setting up an appeal.

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2012, 11:27:17 am »
Of course we won't bore of it TL, its a great goal and you are really admirable for your dedication! Especially with everything else you have on your plate :o :D

My favourite exercise is a good spin class...but given I don't have a gym membership at the moment it's not really an option! I like the idea of running but I haven been for a run since before I was pregnant (DD is 2.5!). I think I'm at a point where I just need to do something & running and exercise biking are easy options for me.....thanks for asking :)

Wow, you were a spinner? I admire anyone who can go to those classes. I went to ONE and my butt hurt for days ;D ;D ;D
Even a nice fast-paced walk would be good to build you back up to running if you haven't done it for a while :)
Health is one of my greatest passions :D I'm here to support anyone who wants to change theirs for the better! ;)