Author Topic: Airfried/Baked Glazed Doughnuts  (Read 9483 times)

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Airfried/Baked Glazed Doughnuts
« on: February 07, 2014, 02:21:48 pm »
Tested making doughnuts in the airfryer. Whilst not as fluffy as deep fried, they were still quite yummy :)

INGREDIENTS

1 cup full cream or reduced-fat milk
15 g unsalted butter, melted
400 g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
1/4 cup (22g) caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt

Glaze -
50 g butter
100 g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
100 g evaporated milk (can substitute regular milk or water for milder flavor)

INSTRUCTIONS

Place sugar into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.

Add other ingredients except flour, and blend 1 min/37ºC/speed 4.

Add flour and mix 6 sec/speed 8. Knead 4 min/Interval.

Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.

Using your fist, punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Roll dough out until 1cm thick.

Using a big round cookie cutter, cut rounds from dough. Using a smaller cutter, cut circles from the centre of each round.

Place doughnuts (and doughnut holes), 5cm apart, on baking paper dusted with flour. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.

Preheat airfryer to 150°C. Spray airfryer basket.

Bake 150°C 5 mins. Flip doughnuts and spray. Bake 180°C for 1 min. Flip again. Another 1 min.

If using oven, bake doughnuts at 180C for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.

Make glaze. Melt the butter and stir in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add milk (or water) until desired consistency is reached.

Dip the doughnuts in the glaze and set them on a rack to dry.

Doughnut recipe adapted from http://www.raspberricupcakes.com/2010/08/baked-cinnamon-doughnuts.html
Glaze recipe adapted from http://www.instructables.com/id/Krispy-Kreme-Donut-Doughnut-Recipe/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Airfried/Baked Glazed Doughnuts
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 02:49:40 pm »
So there are 3 rises with these donuts BZB?

I love how the Thermomix can be used in conjunction with the air fryer, thanks for the successful experiment .

How many did you make from this recipe and how many could you fit into the air fryer at a time. Also, what size were your cookie cutters please - sorry about all the questions  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »
Thanks for spotting that, Judy. 2 rises is sufficient. The TM method is from Tenina's doughnut recipe :)

I used 9 and 4 cm cutters. Managed to get about 12 doughnuts, but I had to re-roll the excess/off-cuts to get more. Not sure if that affected the 2nd rise of the subsequent doughnuts. Or did they just need more time for rising. Couldn't wait any further, as it was school pick up time.

Had trouble picking up the doughnuts to place in the airfryer. They got stuck to the baking paper. So I picked them up gently and flipped over. The sides facing upward were easier to handle. It was faster to load into the airfryer that way.

Cooked in 4 batches.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 02:16:23 am »
Thanks BZB.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 12:40:05 pm »
BZB an enormous thank you for this. I am going to try and resist, but not sure if I will be able to.  :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 03:52:14 am »
BZB thankyou, i will try making them..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url