Author Topic: Curried Pumpkin and Lentil Soup  (Read 55177 times)

Offline Pippav6

• View Profile
Re: Curried Pumpkin and Lentil Soup
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 08:17:16 pm »
Just tried this soup...first soup made in thermomix...really pleased. Worked well, lovely thick and warming soup so perfect on a cold wintery evening! Thank you  :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2012, 08:31:19 pm »
It's great to hear that you have a success in your TM Pippa.Chelsea has shared many wonderful recipes  with us here on the forum. ;)
A firm favourite with many is Creamy Prawn Risotto. and
Swiss Beef to name two ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 07:00:21 pm »
I made this delicious soup today. :)
Did the method a little differently.Ground the lentils first 30sec/speed 8 set them aside.Used butter instead of EVO and substituted chicken stock.Didn't use  :-:  ^^  but cooked everything at speed 2
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:08:55 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 12:26:48 am »
I have just finished making this soup and couldn't resist having a taste.  It really is delicious and it's one that I will be making again. :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 01:53:58 am »
I want to make this for my mum for lunch tomorrow as she is only able to eat soup following an operation recently. The soup must be very smooth, so for those who have made it before, can you please advise if this is the case or if I should follow CornishCream's method and grind up the lentils first to be sure?
Thanks.
Kerryn

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 01:59:24 am »
I didn't grind my lentils Kerryn and the soup turned out fine.  Nice and smooth.  If anything I think I was a little heavy handed on the curry powder but that was my fault.  I did use speed 2 on reverse tho.  Hope this helps you. :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2013, 08:19:36 am »
When you blend the soup the lentils aren't at all distinguishable, so no need to blend beforehand. It is quite a thick soup so add extra water if your Mum needs it thinner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2013, 08:51:35 am »
This is just what the doctor ordered for tonight as it is a tiny bit cool, under 30 anyway. We haven't had soup for ages and have missed it. I like iced soup but the rest of the family don't.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Curried Pumpkin and Lentil Soup
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2013, 12:04:04 pm »
I made this last week too and it's delicious

Offline MangoJam

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2013, 08:23:06 am »
This was the first soup I made in my new TMX . It is absolutely delicious and very easy on the waistline .  Hubby loved it as well .  :)

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2013, 09:29:48 am »
I made this today after going through CP63 list of fav recipes, and served it with the cheese and bacon rolls also on her fav list.  This soup was lovely as were the rolls. And went down a treat as today in Adelaide, Australia it is cold wet and windy.

Offline annaussie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 07:52:48 am »
Delicious easy, quick soup.  Perfect for this cold, rainy, dark wintery day!  I had all the ingredients on hand which was a bonus.  My lentils didn't puree fully but I still love it.  Maybe I will try grinding them first as a previous poster suggested.  Will definitely be making this often!  Thank you.   :)

Bonsai

Re:
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2013, 01:15:26 pm »
Quick and easy soup. I added extra water and cooked for an extra 5 minutes. Lentils take different times to cook and I wonder if people who found the finished soup gritty were using another type of lentil or needed to cook for longer. I found cooking on reverse speed spoon barely moved the mixture so I ended up using speed 2 without reverse (hey, it gets puréed anyway so why bother with reverse?) to get everything moving and cooking.

A yummy soup which will cover a week of work lunches.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 03:19:54 am »
I made quite a bit of liquid chicken stock yesterday so this was one of the soups I made with it.

I roasted the pumpkin and 2 cloves confit of garlic (using the oil as well) in the air fryer for 15 minutes in a preheated 200o air fryer (I removed the basket and placed the pumpkin pieces onto baking paper in the bottom of the machine).  Whilst this was happening I chopped and sauteed the onion in more garlic oil in the TMX then followed the rest of the recipe, cooking it on speed 2 though.  After blending, I added 120 mls cream and mixed that for a few seconds.  Dee-licious!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2014, 03:37:30 am »
It's certainly soup weather. I just love it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/