Author Topic: Chicken Chasseur  (Read 26336 times)

Offline JenniCB

• View Profile
Chicken Chasseur
« on: December 17, 2010, 11:20:25 am »
Ok, so I may need some help with this as it is my first converted recipe AND a recipe I have never tried before. I was wanting a Chicken Chasseur recipe as I have been using one of those Maggi recipe bases in the past, but now want to avoid the nasties. So I looked online for a recipe and then tried my best to convert it to the TM. I made it tonight and the family certainly liked it....but just not sure if it needs tweaking in any way. I wondered whether I should saute the mushrooms after the onion and garlic. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Name of Recipe: CHICKEN CHASSEUR
Number of People: 4
Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, peeled and quartered
30g oil
600g chicken breast, cut into 2cm chunks
200g button mushrooms
2 Tbl plain flour
¾ cup white wine
2 Tbl tomato paste
2-3 Tbl TM vegetable stock concentrate
400g water
2 tsp chopped thyme

Preparation:

Place garlic and onion into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.

Add oil and sauté for 3 minutes at 100˚C on speed 1.

Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl and cook for 20 minutes at 100˚C on Reverse + soft speed.

members' comments

Twitterpated - A quick and easy recipe that gives great results. I ran out of vegie stock concentrate (making some today) so I substituted for chicken stock paste. I just chucked the mushrooms in with everything else and it turned out fine. Think I may have added a little cornflour/water mix at the end to thicken. Thanks for posting JenniCB.

astarra - What can I say but "YUM!!" We just finished eating this for tea, kids ate all of their's too, with no complaints! I did have to thicken the sauce mix a little tho, but was still a very tasty easy recipe! Thank you!!

DizzyGirl -  yum yum yum. 5/5 from us all.

JD - Really enjoyed this easy recipe thanks Jenni, I changed some of the chopping and cooking times/temps but basically followed your recipe. There was quite a bit of thin sauce at the end. I used defatted chicken thighs cut into 3 large pieces, cooked them an extra 10 minutes on varoma temp with MC off to try and evaporate some of the liquid but ended up straining the contents of the TM bowl through the steaming basket until I had the amount of sauce I wanted (drained off 250 mls and have frozen it for another time.   I still needed to thicken the sauce with 3 tspns cornflour surry.  I don't mind the fact sometimes that there is too much liquid as I feel it protects the meat/chicken from breaking up. 

Kiki J - Added some cornflour to thicken it at the end, which turned out to be handy because I'd forgotten to steam the veg, so gave me time to do that. Everyone enjoyed it - had it with some mash and steamed broccoli - yum!  Thank you very much!

Nighteyes fitz - This was very yummy!

suzanne - it was absolutely delicious, so much nicer than the packet mix I usually use. I only used 1/2 cup wine though and a bit more chicken which came out the same way it went in, never to buy a packet mix again.

Hally - I used 1kg of chicken breast. This is really delicious. I too added cornflour to help thicken. I have a lot of sauce too.

kt2 - it was lovely. I also used 1kg of chicken breast like Hally and had to thicken the sauce at the end. 

LouLouB - Just delicious! I used cornflour to thicken at the end. This will be added to our list of favourites! 

MEP - Lovely recipe, thanks for converting and sharing.

JuliaC83 - Very nice - my husband loved it. I used cornflour in place of flour and dry sherry in place of white wine. Yum.

foodgroupie - quick and tasty, used half a cup of wine, thanks for the recipe!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 02:41:06 pm by judydawn »
Mum to 5 gorgeous kids, 3 bio aged 22,20 and 15, and 2 adopted aged 7 and 2.

Living in Western Australia

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Chasseur
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 11:34:35 am »
Love to see our new members coming up with their first recipe conversion.  I have to tell you Jenni that in my freezer I have a container of 'chicken chasseur sauce', it's been there for a good 12 months and was going to be the start of making this recipe.  Mine was from a W.W. cookbook and the sauce is made first then there is a second part of the recipe to put together and obviously add the sauce back into it and probably pop it into the oven.  I got as far as making the sauce and found it the other day when having a clean out and I will be amazed if I can even put my hands on the recipe because I know I wrote it out from someone elses' cookbook.  Getting back to your question, I suppose you could saute the mushrooms after the onions etc but a lot of our recipes they are just thrown in with everything else so guess it doesn't really make much difference.  It will certainly be one to try and it is just so simple. Well done.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:37:25 pm »
Made this for dinner one night this week. A quick and easy recipe that gives great results. I ran out of vege stock concentrate (making some today) so I substituted for chicken stock paste. I just chucked the mushrooms in with everything else and it turned out fine. Think I may have added a little cornflour/water mix at the end to thicken. Thanks for posting JenniCB.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 09:59:13 am »
Definitely another one to try.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 08:41:32 am »
What can I say but "YUM!!"  :) We just finished eating this for tea, kids ate all of their's too, with no complaints! I did have to thicken the sauce mix a little tho, but was still a very tasty easy recipe! Thank you!! The leftovers (??) DH has requested put into a pie - lucky I have 'borrowed' his mum's pie maker!! Think I'll have to make another batch for the pies - as there are no leftovers!!!!!!
:D

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: Re: Chicken Chasseur
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 11:18:29 am »
Just had this for dinner yum yum yum. 5/5 from us all.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

*suzanne*

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 06:01:36 am »
I love Chicken Chasseur but have been using the packet mix and trying to avoid them I have been looking for a recipe for quite some time and what do you know I found one, thought I would bump it for some of us newer members, will be trying it very soon

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 06:04:18 am »
OOhhh I remember this one, thanx for bumping, suzanne!  :D
:D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 04:00:40 am »
Really enjoyed this easy recipe thanks Jenni, I changed some of the chopping and cooking times/temps but basically followed your recipe. There was quite a bit of thin sauce at the end. I used defatted chicken thighs cut into 3 large pieces, cooked them an extra 10 minutes on varoma temp with MC off to try and evaporate some of the liquid but ended up straining the contents of the TM bowl through the steaming basket until I had the amount of sauce I wanted (drained off 250 mls and have frozen it for another time.   I still needed to thicken the sauce with 3 tspns cornflour surry.  I don't mind the fact sometimes that there is too much liquid as I feel it protects the meat/chicken from breaking up. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kiki J

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 11:54:09 am »
Made this for dinner tonight - thanks for the recipe!

Added some cornflour to thicken it at the end, which turned out to be handy because I'd forgotten to steam the veg, so gave me time to do that. Too many things going on at once in our house!

Everyone enjoyed it - had it with some mash and steamed broccoli - yum!

Thank you very much!

Offline Nighteyes_fitz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 10:31:42 am »
This was very yummy! ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 05:00:37 am »
must try this one
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 06:59:39 pm »
Sounds yummo, that's dinner sorted for tonight.  :D
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Chicken Chasseur
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 06:04:45 am »
finally got around to making this and it was absolutely delicious so much nicer than the packet mix I usually use,  I only used 1/2 cup wine though and a bit more chicken which came out the same way it went in, never to buy a packet mix again;D

Offline hopefulcook

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 07:24:27 am »
Would this be enough to serve 4 adults and 3 kids? Or shall I make double batch of sauce in TM and cook in slow cooker? Thx