Author Topic: Thermomix on Masterchef Australia  (Read 73089 times)

Offline Paul

• View Profile
Re: Thermomix on Masterchef Australia
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2009, 08:18:03 am »

Thanks TM, although I have never met the man I did eat a few meals at MG Garage and really enjoyed them.  After the first time, I won a $500 meal there by paying with a credit card (I had no idea I had entered a competition) so I had to fly back from Cairns to enjoy a second meal. 

Boy, wish I could win something like that !!

You seem to know a lot of these chefs - what's your secret identitity?  :D

No secret identity.  Only happened through pestering the poor staff in restaurants so that the chefs come to answer questions.  MrsT was so embarrassed to start, but now accepts that most of the chefs appreciate punters showing interest.

I have met many through hands-on cooking classes.  Should acknowledge some of the poor victims on my blog.

It's nice when they come and talk to you after the meal.  Tetsuya always does it, and the last time anyone did it was Luke Mangan.  I like it, it gives them a connection they should seek
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:47:52 am by Thermomixer »

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 12:36:09 pm »
My kids were so excited to hear George would be using our 'new machine' on their favourite show! They want to know if they're other fav cooking show will have it on there - "The cook and The Chef"?  :-))

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 03:36:49 am »
Just thinking that some of the more experienced "posters" from Australia might like to keep an eye on the Master Chef website forums & if anyone starts a thread about TM make sure they are holding it in the best light.  There are, understandably, rules preventing posts linked to advertising commercial products but some well aimed & timed comments from happy users might spread the word to a different audience..............

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2009, 04:21:38 am »
Good thinking JD  ;)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 05:38:45 am »
I saw our very own Thermomixer on the MasterChef forums the other day, talking about equipment. Me, I just lurk.
Row

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 08:33:34 am »
That was the egg-topper.  It was developed by a chef at a restaurant I visited in Paris during April.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Hannah

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 10:52:18 pm »
Surprised to see no comments about last night's masterchef! At least he called it a thermomix. I was amazed at how quiet they made it seem ... until it finished and gave its trademark chirp!

Have found a thread starting on masterchef but I am not a member
http://www.masterchef.com.au/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=107260&tstart=0
Barb from Aldgate, South Australia

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 01:17:38 am »
I got a txt from a friend in Ballarat who knows I have one. She was really excited. My sister sent me an online message LOL. It was great to hear the chirpy noise. I wondered if they were going to keep that in  :D It was great to show how effortlessly he made the "custard"... can't remember the technical name. It was a huge contrast to some of the sauces and custards the contestants have made by whisking in etc. If George had shown how to make a proffiterole in the TMX, all those crocquembouche contestants would have fallen off their chairs LOL
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 01:41:42 am »
Ooh, looked at the recipe for the Sabayon and Choc Cigars (the recipe using the TMX). Part of the recipe tells you how to make it in the TMX and there's a note at the bottom which tells you what it is!

http://www.masterchef.com.au/chocolate-cigars-with-sabayon.htm
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 02:27:18 am »
I tried to register with the website for MC to be able to post on their forums - twice I was told I would be sent a confirmation email which hasn't eventuated so I can't do any bolstering of the product.  :'(

My Herald has just arrived..............ok, its a small but succinct description, saying Gordon Ramsey & George Calombaris have them.  Gives the price, what it does, website & mentions payment plans are available........looks good.

Thought the machine went well on TV & certainly they had dulled out the "speed 4" noise.

I too had 2 friends ring/SMS me to remind me!!! it was on..

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 02:57:20 am »
Clearly Thermomixer is more desireable a member than I as he managed to post.

Great post TM, well done.  Especially in making the point that you are not associated with the company, merely a fan  :-* ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 03:03:13 am »
Ooh, looked at the recipe for the Sabayon and Choc Cigars (the recipe using the TMX). Part of the recipe tells you how to make it in the TMX and there's a note at the bottom which tells you what it is!

http://www.masterchef.com.au/chocolate-cigars-with-sabayon.htm
We were out last night and the first thing I did when we got home was to check the forum to see what comments were made about MC.  As there were none, I thought it was another let down.  Fast forwarded right through the show to check and of course, it was right at the end.   Nice dessert!  Reckon we could make the cigar filling in the TMX as well (carefully though or the nuts would turn into powder).  Thought the price indication was a bit off on their web-site - instead of saying well over $1000 it should have read just under $2000 :o :o :o :o
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 03:06:55 am »

I had problems with registering too - but I did it a while ago in anticipation that one of the guest chefs may bring one along.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 05:00:52 am »

I had problems with registering too - but I did it a while ago in anticipation that one of the guest chefs may bring one along.

Probably reflects our personalities Thermomixer - you plan while I fly by the seat of my pants!!!! ;D

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 06:00:56 am »
I looked at the recipe too and thought the whole thing could have been made in the TMX -   :-))shame he didn't, would really have shown it in a great light ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!