Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8925680 times)

Offline bron

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1395 on: August 28, 2009, 12:52:23 pm »
Am taking 5 kids away for a weeks holiday to Spanish/Portugese coast, so spent last night cooking up a storm, so that hopefully the first 3 days I will get some rest! Although 'Clatter' is coming with too! Can't live without him!
So have made Lasagne, Moussaka, Meatballs in Tomato, a huge Pie filled with tuna and peppers & onions and decorated with hearts and stars! Amanda's Brownies and diet cheesecake, so hopefully will get a few days rest for both me & Clatter!
Am soooo excited cant wait!
Hey guys, have lost 10 kilos now! Couldnt have done it without Clatter! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 28, 2009, 01:22:38 pm »
Have a great holiday Bron, keep up the good work with that diet. Must be nearly time to stop though ??? ???
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 28, 2009, 05:26:33 pm »
Thanks JD, am sure we will have a wonderful time! As for diet, well to be honest, I set my goal to weigh what I did before I had Little Sod 3 years ago, so have another 5 kilos to go, to be exactly that weight. But if I don't make it, it won't matter as I feel great now, I no longer feel bloated or fat and today I went out to the shops (as all my clothes now hang on me) and I picked up some trousers, I hesitated as to whether I would be a 12 (I doubted) and so I picked up a 14 too, and to my delight I tried on the 12 first and they fit beautifully, so I am grinning from ear to ear! The only negative bit is that all my bras seem a bit loose too! So my boobs have lost their volume too! Guess you cant win them all! ;D ;D ;D  :D :D :D
Amanda

Spain

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #1398 on: August 29, 2009, 12:03:22 am »
LOL
gosh we miss you around here so much bron! enjoy your holiday but hurry back to us!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1399 on: August 29, 2009, 01:48:47 am »
Have a good hol bron.  Well done on the wt loss - always the boobs seem to lose it first (not from personal experience - but all the women I know who have success and joy with wt loss - tinged with great sadness because their voluptuous features also went  ;) )
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 29, 2009, 05:05:53 am »
Congratulations Bron on your weight loss. Have a good break.  I love the name 'little Sod'. It was a term my Father used a lot about us, usually affectionately.
You are so lucky losing the weight off your boobs. I lost 30kg several years ago and not a inch or even a centimetre off the boobs. :'( :'( :'( :'( It is hard maintaining it with the TMX, but I'll use you as inspiration. :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 29, 2009, 07:51:35 am »
Oops, found some chicken thigh fillets at the back of the fridge which had to be used by today so I quickly made Master Moderator's rabbit stew recipe - I never use rabbit for this, chicken works really well.  I think I have even called it Thermomixer's rabbit stew somewhere on this forum but no, it was posted by MM way back on Sept 11th last year. Sorry MM.
Also made a batch of the Anzac biscuits - haven't done these before and they aren't too bad.  I reduced the sugar like Cookie1 did. Must compare this recipe with a Woman's Weekly recipe to see if I can find something more authentic - something is not quite right about them.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: August 29, 2009, 08:33:03 am »
Hi all
have a great time away Bron.

Today I have made peanut butter cookies, Ezekiel Bread and pizza dough.  The pizza dough is about to be turned in to one meatlovers type pizza for us and pizza pockets for the kids.  Hopefully it will make enough pizza pockets for lunch one day this week too.

I have rhubarb stewing on the stove and so will make some custard for later too.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1403 on: August 29, 2009, 12:46:07 pm »
I was going to edit the post to give MM credit -then forgot (just wanted to take the credit for somebody else's handy work)

Made a "paella" tonight with prawns, octopus, mussels, jamon, rice, onion, peas, peppers, broad beans, saffron, - will post the recipe soon.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:50:14 pm by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #1404 on: August 29, 2009, 02:47:25 pm »
WELL DONE BRON!!!!  :-* :-* :-* ;)   

Well, no cooking today at home - BUT..... had the Raw, Dairy Free Chocolate Class in Melbourne today - and I'm in heaven!!! And it's good for you!!!!        ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

When I get a chance I'll post what I have on the forum. I'm exhausted so off to bed....
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 29, 2009, 02:49:40 pm »
Well I am pleased to be able to join in on this thread now  ;D
breakfast - porridge
this afternoon - veg stock concentrate..love it, so easy!
mushroom and chicken risotto - had to adjust the quantities as i only had 350gm of aborio rice
I had the idea of doing custard tonight but have a sick babe in arms so that is not an option. So we ate the left over strawberry sorbet from the demo last night :P ;D
Not sure what tomorrow has in store......
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 29, 2009, 03:02:00 pm »
Nothing from me today...I arrived home from a demo at 3.45 am (YES am) beat the 18yo home by 5 mins  :o :o though I do believe the family have kept TMX employed and we all have a HUGE list ready for tomorrow. The poor thing will be hoping to go on a holiday by tomorrow night  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1407 on: August 29, 2009, 03:04:31 pm »
OMG - what time did you start the demo?  Was it in Adelaide?
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 29, 2009, 03:19:44 pm »
Wow my demo sounds very tame compared to that one LOL!!

ILB - can't wait to hear about the chocolate experience ;D ;D ;D
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 29, 2009, 03:27:31 pm »
Noooo my demo was fine, it was my car - dead battery - when I went to leave - for the Perthites it was in Bullsbrook (Hi Lauren and Shannon if you are around *waves*) and it took a lot of phone calls and false start from the RAC battery replacement team and then a 2 1/2 hour wait after that for roadside assistance to arrive before I had the 1 1/4 drive home...I do think that I have the BEST customers though  ;) :-* :-*
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!