Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036467 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22320 on: December 21, 2018, 08:06:27 am »
Marina I don't think I would have coped very well being locked in.
K Atie what an adventure. You certainly came to the rescue. Well done
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22321 on: December 21, 2018, 10:46:49 am »
I know that the kitten will be ok but I feel a little sad too . Just to let you know I have no idea how I keep going with everything but i try my best .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22322 on: December 21, 2018, 10:59:13 am »
Having such a full life you do a great job Katie, I hope you can have some sort of rest over the Christmas period to recharge your batteries.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22323 on: December 21, 2018, 04:36:46 pm »
I went grocery shopping. I got there at 7.45am thinking it would be quiet at the supermarket but it was very busy.

A very frightening experience for you Marina. No wonder you ran out the door so fast.

Blimey KAtie you are so busy. I hope you have a quieter time over the Christmas holidays.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22324 on: December 21, 2018, 08:19:48 pm »
DH took this when he found the kitten the other night , think I have separation issues.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22325 on: December 22, 2018, 06:44:47 am »
Marina,  how did  you keep your cool.  That sounds like torture to me. 
Farfalinna  you are one of my favourite people from the Forum.  Never a poor recipe, all work well. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
KAtie, I don’t know how you keep going.   Lots of support from your children so get them to help.  It is good for them and you.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22326 on: December 22, 2018, 09:36:16 am »
Chookie you are so right , I have been saying to them their footprint has to be clean so where  ever they have been it needs to be left tidy and not leave a footprint behind . Hoping this will make them think . Meanwhile DS and DH continued to set up a watering drip system for all the trees in the back garden ! It works . DD planted a few flowers in pots and a few strawberry plants , also a watermelon plant , think that will be interesting if it fruits . I weeded the vegetable garden of the rocket that had gone to seed , the chooks loved it . DS bantam followed us around all day.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22327 on: December 22, 2018, 11:20:32 am »
DD and I went to the shops but it was a mad house, so we had a coffee and came home.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22328 on: December 22, 2018, 07:18:00 pm »
Closed for the holidays today  :)  Rushed to Guildford as DH had promised our neighbour to smoke some fish for dinner.  I was thinking so much about the menu for everyone else - I forgot about something for me so threw a potato salad together using sour cream I had made last week (fortunately) as I had no mayonnaise and scoured the cupboards for a green salad .  All turned out well DH not terribly happy about the smoked fish, but neighbours seemed happy, so that was the main thing.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22329 on: December 22, 2018, 07:40:41 pm »
Marina, smoking can be a very tricky business.  I attended a smoking event at Hepburn Springs many years ago.  Everything you could think of was smoked, from veggies, sausages, venison, to Salmon.   The whole salmon was spectacular. Both hot and cold smoking methods were demonstrated. Dried Apple Wood was very popular as it gave a gentle flavour.
KAtie, you will love the drip irrigation.  It is efficient and saves water.  I also will be cutting back the silver beet, spinach and kale and giving it to the chooks.  They will think it is Christmas  ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22330 on: December 22, 2018, 07:50:12 pm »
I walked Chance this morning in overcast weather. I’ve been doing general housework on and off all day. Four different loads of washing went through the washing machine during the day. I then pickup the turkey tonight.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #22331 on: December 22, 2018, 09:25:24 pm »
Katie love the kitten photo ;)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #22332 on: December 22, 2018, 11:44:57 pm »
Hair cut yesterday morning.  Set the table for Christmas lunch in the afternoon.

I went down the street this morning to pick up the roast for Christmas lunch and a few other last minute things.  Also bought myself some prawns as DH is not keen on them these days.  All under control now.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 11:46:44 pm by mab19 »
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22333 on: December 22, 2018, 11:48:54 pm »
I used to set my table well in advance in the days when I had the family here too Margaret, a nice job out of the way and you get to enjoy how it looks all the more for doing so.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22334 on: December 23, 2018, 12:36:48 pm »
DS drip system all working , Sheep manure bags sells fast , chaser bin Driving (tractor) clocked up 6 hours home 10.50 pm by driving Ute home in the dark ...eek so grown up at 13 and half . Meanwhile DD and I went to a picnic lunch in gardens with 5 families , then out for Turkey dinner at a very good friend’s . No cooking for me today . D H still out on the header harvesting canola . Yet another day of madness but relaxing too .