Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9014740 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #855 on: June 14, 2009, 02:06:16 pm »
tonight i made a chicken korma - the chicken was cooked perfectly (at last, yay!!!) ...

OK - time, butterfly, reverse, speed ?? - waiting
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #856 on: June 14, 2009, 11:14:53 pm »
i didn't write any of it down, because i need to work on the sauce, but i cut large chunks - each breast cut into about 7 pieces. i cooked on reverse speed soft  ^^ and i pretty much followed the recipe for time but probably a bit less than 20 mins for the chilcken.
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #857 on: June 15, 2009, 05:22:41 am »
Sadly back to reality today.  Made a quick loaf of bread for lunch and that's about it.  Probably a good thing it isn't Sunday everyday in some ways - I'm already starting to look like a little pudding thanks to my thermie!!!

Chelsea  ;D

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #858 on: June 15, 2009, 05:58:04 am »
I have been sooo good for weeks now, but today I succumbed and have just made a batch of the wicked Fudgy Wudgies!!
I'll pretend that I did it for the kids. :-))
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #859 on: June 15, 2009, 11:56:25 am »
Ohhhhh.  They sound lovely.  Will have to check the recipe section for them.  I will make them for my kids too.   ;)

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 15, 2009, 01:53:29 pm »
The croquembouche was probably as impressive as the ones the Masterchefs attempted!! I'm glad I didn't do the toffee part LOL. My bro did it and it took a lot of juggling to keep it at the right temperature so it didn't burn or start setting. Don't know if we'd be fussed to make it again. Just the profiteroles filled with custard or the caramel stuff you make in the Thermomix (can't remember the name, but wow! how easy and yummy is that!). I'll definateldy make the choux pastry again. There was nothing hard about it at all. Took longer to cook than the book suggested, but that could be my oven. Best eaten fresh. They get a bit soggy after a few hours, but still taste as delicious.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. My birthday isn't til Thurs, so no day off yet LOL. Were going to have had the kids home all week. School got closed on Fri for a case of swine flu. Reports came back on the weekend that it was negative, so the office staff had to ring around again to say school is back on.

I haven't done too much in the way of exciting Thermomix cooking. Been painting the inside of the house room by room. Basic meals and the thermomix is such a godsend when making mash potato etc. I've precooked a few meals for this week because we are tackling the kitchen dining room.
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 15, 2009, 02:44:38 pm »
Instead of the toffee splashed all over the 'cake' you could melt some chocolate and drizzle that over and around - would be so much easier.  Did anyone take a photo you can share with us Cathy - would love to see your masterpiece.  Bet you will be glad when the painting is done - we were lucky, a retired painter friend did ours a couple of years back and he was done in no time.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 16, 2009, 05:16:54 am »
I've got an unemployed friend helping me (I'm paying him). Even so, it's taking ages.

Re the croquembouche, I did take a photo. I'll have to upload it when I get a chance.
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 18, 2009, 11:26:20 am »
Wow for some weird reason, this thread is my bookmark link so when Ive been visiting, this thread has come up but IVe gone straight to 'unread' posts and missed this thread for about 3months!!!  So Ive been doing lots of reading up on what everyone has been cooking to try and give myself some inspiration!!
Ive got to do something with chicken tonight but dnt have anything fancy to go with it so Im stumped!!
But I did make a version of Cookies museli slice and three quarters of it were demolished after kindy by 2x4yr and 2x2yr olds! 
My kids are eating left over lasagne from last night, I love it as I can hide lots of vegies in it as they do not eat vegies! grrrr
Okay now to find something for dinner!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 18, 2009, 01:42:45 pm »
thanks heaps UC :)

caroline, you show off! we have just had 3 days in a row of it not even making it to 5'c and being foggy and overcast, i don't really need to hear about your sunny garden dinner parties  >:( :D ;)

:D :D :-* :-*

Well - you did tell me all about your summer while I was sat in freezing, snowy UK  ;)
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #865 on: June 18, 2009, 01:47:12 pm »
LOL at least you got snow!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #866 on: June 19, 2009, 01:38:55 am »

My kids are eating left over lasagne from last night, I love it as I can hide lots of vegies in it as they do not eat vegies! grrrr

Did you catch CarolineW's sneaky way to entice them to eat vegies ?  If not - check here: http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1199.msg7998#msg7998
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 19, 2009, 03:36:13 am »
/yes Thermomixer I did see that, but so far I have had no luck!!  My 4yr olds normal reply is 'well i had carrot' - When 'when I was at daycare' when ' When I was three' - yes he tried carrot one time and that is the extent to which he will eat a vegetable!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 19, 2009, 04:36:11 am »
Send him to the UK and see if Caroline can sort him out for you ;D ;D ;D   Seriously though, just grate the vegies he won't eat and put them in other things and keep trying.  I know of one child who will only eat chicken nuggets and potato crisps - not related to me thank goodness!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 19, 2009, 08:12:47 am »
I made steamed puddings and custard for dinner last night and a batch of choc chip/coffee biscuits. Will put the recipe for the Steamed puddings in desserts.  It is an adaption from the Golden Wattle cookbook.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/