Author Topic: Vorwerk advises of Faulty Seals in some TM31s  (Read 53683 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Vorwerk advises of Faulty Seals in some TM31s
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 12:30:29 pm »
Perhaps you could say that you have just realised the book must have been her demonstrator copy and would like to return it to her.  ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 12:54:10 pm »
Perhaps you could say that you have just realised the book must have been her demonstrator copy and would like to return it to her.  ;D
Good one Cookie  ;) ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline I Love TM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 03:54:40 pm »
Also, do ask for a replacement measuring cup (and probably Varoma lid?).  Mine was so cracked after just a few months.  I phoned them up when my MIL told me it was because I put it in the dishwasher (well it is perfectly dishwasher safe and there is NO WAY i'm handwashing my TM all the time.  Sometimes.  Not always. 

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 12:10:32 pm »
Vorwerk will be supplying green seals to affected machines. However it seems they have no one's details so don't expect that they will automatically be shipped. You need to call them. And not due in Australia for three weeks. Due to all be despatched by mid November I read.

Offline Leontine

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 08:50:47 pm »
I've got a letter today that my machine is in the range and that I will receive a green seal in the coming weeks so it does goes automatic in our country (Holland)

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 07:29:01 am »
Also, do ask for a replacement measuring cup (and probably Varoma lid?).  Mine was so cracked after just a few months.  I phoned them up when my MIL told me it was because I put it in the dishwasher (well it is perfectly dishwasher safe and there is NO WAY i'm handwashing my TM all the time.  Sometimes.  Not always. 
Well I have good news. Thermomix Australia will replace my faulty seal and also the spare one I bought separately at around the time of purchase. I also asked if they will replace my cracked MC and they will do that, and send me a new Varoma lid. I haven't actually used the Varoma lid yet but the gentleman on the phone said it is most likely that both will need to be replaced.

The sealing rings will probably arrive mid November, so I will just be extra careful till then.

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 07:31:18 am »
Vorwerk will be supplying green seals to affected machines. However it seems they have no one's details so don't expect that they will automatically be shipped. You need to call them. And not due in Australia for three weeks. Due to all be despatched by mid November I read.

I received an email today that asks people to call if they have moved address. Though I hadn't moved I called because I had two sealing rings purchased at around the same time as the faulty batch.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 08:38:30 am »
That's good news that you are getting everything replaced Chocolatte.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2014, 12:02:37 am »
Update re seals
My machine is also one of these that is in the affected range of service numbers.  A lady from thermomix rang last night and we had a weird conversation about the replacing of these seals.
For a start she said the seal would fix the problem .  So I said that supposing my neighbour who has a TMX with 2 bowls and that is not in the affected range wanted to borrow the base of my machine and use one of her bowls on it would that be ok. No was the response because my machne is in the affected range, so I said that means the base of the machine also has a problem, no she said, your appliance is affected.  I have read elsewhere advice from TMX that all machines in the affected range must always use a bowl with a green seal.  So those that have 2 machines side by side would need to mark the affected one and use a bowl with a green seal on that machine and a grey seal on the other non affected machine.  I tried to explain (to no avail) that if I was to sell my machine I would have to tell the prospective buyer for safety reason and as a duty of care that my machine was affected (which would lessen the value) .  I am posting this to make people aware that according to TMX the appliance is affected by who knows what and that we(myself and TMX) differ on the definition of appliance.  I think the bowl & base make up the appliance and I haven't a clue what their definition is.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 01:04:52 am »
Marie, doesn't sound like a great "fix" to me.  Have you received your green seal yet?  Interested to know how different it is.
Glad I don't work for Thermomix ATM, so many issues.
Take care X
Denise

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 08:18:27 am »
It was certainly a weird conversation Marie.Just going around in circles to what exactly is the problem with the TM.So I presume if you bought a new bowl you can't use it on your machine ???

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 08:47:20 am »
Bedlam, still haven't received the green seal yet. Will let you know when it arrives.

CC, if I were to purchased a new bowl I would have to have a green seal with it, therefore, to me the problem is with the base of the machine.  TMX say the appliance is affected but I have no idea what it is affected with and the lady would not define appliance, except to say the seal would fix it :-)) ???  Maybe it is infected with  a virus  :D :D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2014, 08:50:09 am »
Maybe it is infected with  a virus  :D :D
LOL

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 09:52:23 am »
My green seals have arrived but I haven't used them yet. I haven't had any problems with the original seal that came with my machine but I haven't dared to use the spare clear seal I bought at the time of original purchase of the TMX.

Has anyone used the green seal yet? My consultants email said it might be difficult to fit. I do think the green seal looks a bit silly but they needed to make it a different colour to tel them apart.

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 11:08:38 am »
Update re seals
My machine is also one of these that is in the affected range of service numbers.  A lady from thermomix rang last night and we had a weird conversation about the replacing of these seals.
For a start she said the seal would fix the problem .  So I said that supposing my neighbour who has a TMX with 2 bowls and that is not in the affected range wanted to borrow the base of my machine and use one of her bowls on it would that be ok. No was the response because my machne is in the affected range, so I said that means the base of the machine also has a problem, no she said, your appliance is affected.  I have read elsewhere advice from TMX that all machines in the affected range must always use a bowl with a green seal.  So those that have 2 machines side by side would need to mark the affected one and use a bowl with a green seal on that machine and a grey seal on the other non affected machine.  I tried to explain (to no avail) that if I was to sell my machine I would have to tell the prospective buyer for safety reason and as a duty of care that my machine was affected (which would lessen the value) .  I am posting this to make people aware that according to TMX the appliance is affected by who knows what and that we(myself and TMX) differ on the definition of appliance.  I think the bowl & base make up the appliance and I haven't a clue what their definition is.

What happens if you had two machines side by side, only one of which was in the affected range, and you got the bowls mixed up?  I thought the problem was only the seal but the more I read the more confused I get.