Author Topic: Weisswurst in the varoma?  (Read 3350 times)

Offline missgrunge

• Miss Grunge from Perth
    • View Profile
Weisswurst in the varoma?
« on: January 06, 2011, 03:38:40 pm »
Hi,
Perhaps some of our German ladies could help on this one!  Before I had a thermie I cooked my weisswurst sausages as follows:  Bring a large pot of water to the boil.  Remove from the heat, add sausages, cover.  Leave for 10 minutes to heat through.  I am wondering how to convert this simple method of not-even-boiling sausages for use in the thermie.  I'm a little concerned that the temperature of the steam in the varoma will cause the sausage skins to burst.  The sausages are too large to fit in the basket and do in water that way.  Is anyone cooking/reheating cooked sausages in the thermie and can they help me out?
Many thanks,
Miss G.
Mother of 11 year old son and wife of the bread-maker operator

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: Weisswurst in the varoma?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 03:48:18 pm »
I have never done it but maybe just boil the kettle put the water in the server and put the sausages in there. Would they fit??
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 01:34:52 am »
I would safely bet that steaming them will burst the skins. I steam my organic sausages for curried sausages as it bursts the skins and I don't have to do it the old fashioned way  :D :D I reheat mine in the varoma as well.

I think Meagans idea with the Thermoserver would be your winner if they will fit.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline missgrunge

• Miss Grunge from Perth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 02:36:18 am »
Thanks Ladies,
Meagan, I'll try your suggestion. I think I can fit enough in the thermoserver for the 3 of us  8)
Miss G
Mother of 11 year old son and wife of the bread-maker operator

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 11:55:19 pm »
I love German sausages and have cooked them in the Varoma. Some have split and some not. I have steamed them on a bed of saurkraut too. Also I have removed the skin first . I don'tcare if the burst or are skinless I just love to eat them! Great on the BBQ too  with a mixture of onions tomato sauce and mustard cooked on the grill all together.

Gretch
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.