Author Topic: Notes from New Mexico  (Read 4798 times)

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
Notes from New Mexico
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:47:29 pm »
Here I am in southwestern New Mexico, "enjoying" the weather, which is very similar to that at home.  Today it is cold, the wind is howling with occasional sprinkles (that feel like  pebbles, the wind is blowing that hard) and I have on my silk polar longies, heavy jeans a long-sleeved turtleneck knit shirt and a heavy sweater and that is just while sitting in the motel room.  To go outside I don my 3/4 length down parka and warm gloves.   
I had planned on driving to one of the local wineries today to order a couple of cases to be sent home (for gifts later on) but the road to the place was closed due to blowing sand and dust, visibility -zero. 

I took care of most of the business I had to do this morning and am putting off going out to my dad's house until tomorrow.  Hopefully the weather will be less dreary and I will feel less dreary. 

I've enjoyed nibbling on the grain cakes I made last week.  They are just enough to satisfy my cravings for something that seems like a snack but without all the bad stuff in the commercial things. 

More later, Aston (the basenji dog) is asking to go outside and it's best to take notice immediately as he is not one to wait long.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: Notes from New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 12:03:08 am »
Thanks for the update! Just been looking on the map to see where you are. Is it still that freezing!!?? Drive safe- you are very brave going on a trip by yourself - oh and Aston.  ;)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 02:04:04 am »
Enjoy your holiday and I hope the weather improved a bit while you are there.  How long are you away for? 

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 05:51:25 am »
Enjoy your holiday and I hope the weather improved a bit while you are there.  How long are you away for? 

I'm here for just a few days and it's not really a holiday.  I had to make the trip to handle some of the details of property transfer that my dad and I owned jointly.  He passed away in January and there are just too many details to handle via mail. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 06:27:58 am »
Sorry to hear that news.  Hope it is not too traumatic visiting the old home. Thoughts with you.  :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 01:24:14 am »
I'm so sorry to hear the reason for your trip.  It must be a very sad & difficult time for you.  My thoughts are with you.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 01:32:24 am »
Certainly not a holiday then Andie, thinking of you at this sad time.  Stay safe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 06:53:13 am »
A sad trip Andie. Take care and may all your memories be happy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 02:41:27 pm »
Thinking of you Andie.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 05:12:32 am »
Andie,  hope every thing goes smoothly for you.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 02:56:32 pm »
Hi Andi, good to hear you're safe and sound with Aston by your side! I'm sorry the trip is a less than pleasurable one for you. May there be happy memories for you there.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand