Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6118286 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #21810 on: July 24, 2018, 12:38:22 am »
Making a loaf of bread and more time in veggie garden.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21811 on: July 24, 2018, 08:35:22 am »
I’ve completed MIL’s paper work. I had to do about 50+ photo copies to send with it and the machine started playing up. Thank goodness it sorted itself out. DH just has to sign it all and it can go in.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21812 on: July 24, 2018, 09:27:07 am »
You should charge them for your time and stationery cookie!  My printer would throw a hissy fit if I had to do that many copies, all I can do then is turn it and the computer off and get back to it later.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21813 on: July 24, 2018, 12:30:03 pm »
We actually bought a photocopier a few years ago to do it Judy. It was about $85 I think. It beats having to go out and spend ages somewhere and paying for it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21814 on: July 24, 2018, 11:56:05 pm »
Like Cookie, I bought a cheap printer some years ago. I love it. The ink cassettes are expensive so I print mostly in black.
Yesterday was supposed to be cold but dry.  It rained all day. We went shopping.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21815 on: July 25, 2018, 07:27:13 am »
I posted off MIL's information and then went shopping to beat the rain. I met one of the neighbours down there and we chatted and therefore didn't beat the rain!!!!!  We have an Aldi opening in October at our shopping centre. It will mean we have Coles, Woolies and Aldi all together. There are only about 8 other shops in the centre as it is only a tiny suburban one about 1½ km from home.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21816 on: July 25, 2018, 08:57:07 am »
Aldi have some great buys cookie, I hope you give the store a try.  Some people I know haven’t done that and are missing out on some great buys.

Today I went to a cooking demonstration with a friend and my SIL in a tiny village church at One Tree Hill.  Simon Bryant (from The Cook & The Chef with Maggie Beer) is a most entertaining person and so generous with his time to the community in which he grew up in.  He made a pea and ham soup, looked nothing like we know it as the broth was clear and all the other ingredients were added separately at the end. They included slices of truffle, stinging nettles, a white pea legume, meat from his own home smoked pork hock and crackling made in a different way (it had been smoked, dried then deep fried, he didn’t call it crackling, I think he called it scratchings).   The church ladies put on a lovely morning tea prior to the demonstration and we all had a small bowl of Simon’s soup.  It was so tasty. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21817 on: July 25, 2018, 10:36:15 am »
Cookie and Judy, lovely days out.
Cookie, do try Aldi.  I shop there once a month.  I costs a 1/3 less than your normal grocer bill.
Judy I have one of Simon’s recipe books.  I thought he was vegetarian. Love his recipes as they are a bit different.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21818 on: July 25, 2018, 04:28:06 pm »
A great day out for you Judy. I had lunch with friends today.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21819 on: July 26, 2018, 02:08:45 am »
Not doing much today.  Have a 24 hour bug.  Staying in bed until it goes.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #21820 on: July 26, 2018, 02:13:04 am »
Sorry to hear that Chookie, I hope you recover quickly.
My back has given out on me again so I am taking it easy today as DD is taking me shopping tomorrow.
I did a load of washing this morning, taking advantage of the  sunny weather.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21821 on: July 26, 2018, 02:19:49 am »
Chookie and K Atie I hope you are both feeling better tomorrow.

Judy I always watched The Cook and the Chef. Simon Bryant would be interesting to watch.
DH and I visited Aldi when we were over East and really liked them. They have been here for about 12-18 months and we have 2 within easy driving. This one at our shopping centre will be perfect as I can go there when I do my shopping. I like their fruit and veggies, although I usually go to my little Italian shop now. They have some lovely specials too.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #21822 on: July 26, 2018, 04:27:04 am »
I have only been in an Aldi once or twice - we don't really have a convenient one, but I am glad to see that you support the smaller greengrocer Cookie.  Many years ago we had a small Italian grocer near us and whenever we would go the old guys would be singing opera, it was a wonderful experience  :)  Sadly, they have gone now  :(
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #21823 on: July 26, 2018, 07:53:26 pm »
I have just got up in a panic (at 4.00 am) thinking it was Saturday and we have workmen coming in at 7.00 am to install the NBN cabling and we haven't done any prep work for them.  Lying in bed thinking ... I haven't decided what I am going to cook this weekend so I haven't prepared my menu plan - and thus my shopping list - for this week's cooking (don't forget the stuff my neighbour wants me to get for him from the market) ...get up in a panic ... better get the washing machine ready to do a load of washing as well ....  I will have to get DH up one hour early (and he won't like that) so that he can do the work for the NBN guys because we forgot to do it last night ... because all the work will be in the shop front, I will have to clear everything out of the work area .... we will have to get the shop cleared and cleaned again before we open for customers ... .....   .....  .... OMG - it's Friday today not Saturday!!! ... thank goodness I realised just before I woke DH up!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 08:10:45 pm by Cuilidh »
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21824 on: July 26, 2018, 08:30:49 pm »
Blimey Marina no wonder you panicked if you thought it was Saturday morning.  ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.