Author Topic: Soft Heat  (Read 4636 times)

Offline AuntAnnie

• View Profile
    • Aunt Annie$s Attic
Soft Heat
« on: June 20, 2009, 07:56:22 pm »
I was looking through my manual (I do occasionally read insructions) and it says that when the speed is set to 2 or 3 the Thermomix heats up more gradually. I get that, but what about when it is on 1 or spoon speed?

I ask because I find speed 3+ a little rough when I want to do something like toast nuts. I don't want them chopped, just stirred and heated, so I choose the lower speeds, but the heat takes forever to get to where they are actually toasting.

(I know I am being lazy... I could just go put it on speed 1 and see how long it takes to get to a certain temperature...)
Aunt Annie

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Soft Heat
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 02:43:34 am »
Does using  :-: (reverse speed) make any difference to the nuts? Could be a way around it, using the higher speed but on  :-:
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline AuntAnnie

• View Profile
    • Aunt Annie$s Attic
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 04:24:24 am »
Yep. I will try that too. Guess I will put the timing thing on my list just for fun. (Guess that tells you what a rockin' life I live)  :D
Aunt Annie

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 05:50:36 am »
Let us know how you go - even with the fun timing thing lol. I haven't toasted nuts as yet in the TMX...when you perfect it AuntAnnie I may just do it!  :-*
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 09:40:21 am »
I havent had great results toasting nuts in the TM, not as good as a pan I dont think.  However I do alwasy put it on varoma temperature not 100 and I also leave the MC off the top

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 12:36:00 pm »
A consultant may be able to help.  Not sure but there are some guidelines about how quickly things heat up that I have seen in Italian sites.  Something about so many minutes to heat 800 ml water at 100 or varoma.

Can anyone help ??
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.