Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6080857 times)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12315 on: January 01, 2014, 04:35:03 am »
Would someone be able to tell me a bit more about the Dream Pot?  My parents do a lot of caravanning, and my mothers birthday is coming up soon.  Is this the kind of thing that would be useful in a caravan?  She doesn't have a TMX.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: January 01, 2014, 04:54:01 am »
Karen, I do have a dream pot and here is the web site  which  shows  recipes of what can be cooked in them.  DH likes his oatmeal cooked in it overnight.   Hope this helps
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:59:14 am by Emme »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12317 on: January 01, 2014, 05:33:01 am »
I haven't used mine yet Karen but have done lots of reading about it. For caravaners it seems to be the ideal thing for certain people. It does mean that you have to prepare and partially cook ( up to about 30 minutes) the meal either in the morning or at lunch time. Some people like to get up and go in the morning and others take it a bit more slowly. I think it will be ideal for us as we would easily have time to prepare and partially cook the meal in the morning before we leave. (DH can do it while I am still pretending to be asleep).
I do like the idea of the meal ready for you, especially on long driving days.  It will be good when we free camp too as it will mean using less gas.

I'll keep you informed. I think it will be perfect for Monkey Mia too on the days we go out fishing.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #12318 on: January 01, 2014, 05:58:50 am »
Karen, Merryn and Barry that distribute The Dream Pot are at most Caravan and Camping Shows across Australia. They are very friendly - I have rang them and they are very helpful. You can google on Youtube and see demos by Merryn on using the Dream Pot.

There are more economical versions of The Dream Pot - although when I looked into these options, I found the Dream Pot to have better gauge insert pots, more comprehensive cookbooks and a monthly newsletter. Greater support all round.

They are sold at BCF if you want to check them out or at the Dream Pot website.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: January 01, 2014, 06:27:29 am »
Thanks for the information!  I am seriously thinking of getting her one for the caravan.  It is just the 2 of them though, and am not sure if the 3 or 5 L one would suit better.  The 5L one looks more versatile in that you can do large and small meals depending on the insert you use, and more than one thing at once. 

Cookie, since you do lots of caravanning I will be really interested to hear how it goes for you.  Please do keep us updated with your Dream Pot adventures  ;D ;D
Karen in Adelaide

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: January 01, 2014, 06:53:47 am »
Love mine Karen.

My Best friend came to visit. :D :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: January 01, 2014, 12:04:59 pm »
Well I'm home from the rodeo and I can assure you Gert that the belt buckles, chaps and cowboys were all in fine form and ... ah ...  :o :o

;D ;D

(Yes I looked!!)

I don't recall seeing any kilts, sporrans or haggis though  ;)

Perfect night, had to put a jacket on it got cold.
I took some pretty good photos too. Will try and load a couple tomorrow - just a tad tired right now.

My niece rode in the U14 steer ride, got out the chute, the steer chucked in 2 bucks and she ate dirt. My nephew had a go at breakaway roping (first time he'd roped) and ended up roping himself after the rope got tangled up in his go-pro on his helmet. Was funny, but he had fun. And they both did ok in the barrels, but no prizes.
A few of "real" cowboys ate their share of dirt, and one of the rodeo clowns got picked on twice by 2 big gnarly bulls. He should be bruised today.

And the buckle bunnies were in fine form and I don't think they really cared if the buckles were big, small, shiny or engraved. Some of those girls just wanted a cowboy!

mcmich

« Reply #12322 on: January 01, 2014, 05:35:08 pm »
Sounds like everyone had fun Nikkit  :D

We are heading home today after our little break away in Coffs. We will leave about 9ish and will pop into the farmers markets and a couple of antique shops, Kempsey for lunch and then 2 1/2 hrs left until home. Hopefully home about 3pm as we are out to dinner with friends tonight.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: January 01, 2014, 09:21:43 pm »
Sadly my buckle bunny days are over but  the memories have not faded!

All good experience for the kids and their time will come. Good to hear them getting out there, taking a chance , getting the adrenalin going,  facing their fears and taking their lumps. Makes a city kid look like a whimp if they fall off their teeter totter.

Too funny about the go pro. It used to be the parents took the VDO's but now every kid wants a go pro  built in. Lesson learned perhaps. Hope the go pro was ok.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: January 01, 2014, 11:28:03 pm »
Hope you had a nice trip away Mich enjoy your trip home  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: January 01, 2014, 11:29:18 pm »
It is nice to get away for a few days Michele, have a nice trip home.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: January 02, 2014, 04:40:55 am »
Sounds like a nice trip home Michele,  :)

Been into town today to try and sort out a new mobile phone. ???

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: January 02, 2014, 04:44:48 am »
Very pleased with cp & myself. All christmas decorations are down & nearly all packed away :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: January 02, 2014, 05:51:02 am »
Nikkit it sounds like a perfect small break.

Mich, drive safely. Although glancing at the clock it is now 5 pm over there so you will be home.

I have been trying out new sourdough methods using my Bread and Butter Project book I received for Christmas.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: January 02, 2014, 07:11:03 am »
I've cleaned out the fridge and the small freezer - threw out quite a lot of stuff, some of which I had no idea what it was :-))
Why is it that we always think we will remember what we've put in ice-cube trays and what that cake is  ;D Hopefully tomorrow I will do the stand alone freezer and the fridge freezer section.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.