Author Topic: Recipe Review: Herby Polenta Strata Vegetarian Book page 80  (Read 2267 times)

Offline paperfreak

• View Profile
I was flicking through the Vegetarian book this afternoon and this recipe stuck out, as I needed to use up some polenta and cream and had all the other ingredients.
There is no way I would attempt this recipe without a thermomix! Having a TMX made it super easy.

The recipe tastes great and would make a wonderful dish for guests for lunch, if you could present it nicely.
However, mine was a bit sloppy, so I need to work on it a bit.

I didn't have any instant polenta, only the more course stuff, so I left it to cook for a lot longer (12mins instead of 3). However I don't think I let it sit enough to cool and set, before grilling it, so that was mistake one.

Mistake two, was perhaps using too much zucchini for the topping. The recipe stated 1 zucchini, but they vary in size a lot! It really should state a weight. I didn't think it was going to set the top in 25mins with only 2 eggs and so much liquid and I was right. I cooked it for 40mins, but I think it still needed more, or more rest time.

I noticed about an hour later after it was cooling on the bench top, that it had firmed up a lot more. So perhaps a dish better served cold.
Great flavours though and nice colour combination.

Oh and I would definitely cut the asparagus and roast capsicum smaller before putting on the polenta, as it would then be easier to cut and present better.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:14:23 pm by paperfreak »