Author Topic: Recipe Review: Tapioca Fruit Cereal - EDC  (Read 4012 times)

Offline paperfreak

• View Profile
Recipe Review: Tapioca Fruit Cereal - EDC
« on: June 15, 2012, 04:04:09 am »
Just realised that no one had done a review of this. Since I have it often, here are my thoughts:

The quantity that the recipe makes, does me for 4 breakfasts, so I often just soak half or a quarter of the tapioca with water and coconut milk, when I have left over coconut milk from a recipe.

There is no way it needs 10mins in the thermie, after soaking all night. I usually cook mine for 4-5 mins max and add a bit more water as it is cooking, so it isn't totally gluggy.

I also don't do as many steps as in the recipe. Too much faffing around.
I usually just make a quick batch of CADA (coconut, almonds, dates and apple). Throw all 4 ingredients in and turbo until all chopped up. Then remove the CADA and without washing the bowl, add the tapioca, butterfly, a little more water and cook at 90degrees for 4-5mins on speed 1.

When done, just put cooked tapioca in a bowl and put CADA on top with whatever extras you like (yoghurt, honey, agave etc).

I buy my tapioca really cheap from the Chinese/Oriental supermarkets. Look for the preservative free one.

If you need to reheat leftovers the next day in the microwave, just a little more water or almond milk or something to loosen it up a bit, as it goes really thick in the fridge.