Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1030777 times)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #4140 on: April 27, 2014, 06:02:25 am »
Awww thanks Gert!  :)

My friend has 2 of her own boys, (horses)  and we have discussed the possibility of them being in the wedding party and have decided it is probably not a good idea. Her old boy is very wary, so would not handle the crowd - and he farts like a trooper, so he'd play a tune the whole time.  :o :o Her young one is a cheeky sod and no matter how much she cleans his nose, he always has a stash of dirty boogers to share.  So at this stage there'll be no 4 legged family in the wedding party. And no - my spotty horse will not be their either, that would be not advisable, he'd try and eat the flowers or the cake or something!

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: April 27, 2014, 06:56:17 am »
Sounds like life is good Nikkit.
Denise

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: April 27, 2014, 07:36:48 am »

My friend has 2 of her own boys, (horses)  and we have discussed the possibility of them being in the wedding party and have decided it is probably not a good idea. Her old boy is very wary, so would not handle the crowd - and he farts like a trooper, so he'd play a tune the whole time.  :o :o Her young one is a cheeky sod and no matter how much she cleans his nose, he always has a stash of dirty boogers to share.  So at this stage there'll be no 4 legged family in the wedding party. And no - my spotty horse will not be their either, that would be not advisable, he'd try and eat the flowers or the cake or something!

Boys should come. It would be a hoot.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: May 01, 2014, 12:51:34 pm »
Happy chappy tonight.  Katie and Richard came around to do a few jobs for me, well it started out as just connecting a new phone and router for me but ended up moving a piece of furniture and also working out why I had had to disconnect my cordless phones some months ago because they interfered with my broadband connection.  Thanks guys  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: May 01, 2014, 01:43:14 pm »
What a lovely couple JD. They were so much fun in Adelaide and they are so good to you. You are all very lucky to have each other.  :D

I am happy as renovations are finished and although we loved having our friends here it is lovely finally  being here on our own after all the hard work.

mcmich

« Reply #4145 on: May 01, 2014, 10:51:30 pm »
Isn't Katie and her DH just so thoughtful.  :-*

You can sit back and enjoy your home now MF.  :)

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: May 02, 2014, 12:17:35 am »

Boys should come. It would be a hoot.

Gert

Defintely  :D

Katie & DH, you are lovely :-* (Katie I still smile when I remember your DH at the Adelaide dinner :))

Sounds wonderful MF.

I am happy because I have finished planting out my veggie patch. Due to some over-zealous legwork by the 4 assistant gardeners, some fortifications were required :D. Now I have a collection of little garden gulags and hopefully some healthy plants in the near future. DH said it would have been much smarter to keep the chooks penned but after seeing how much fun they have I just can't lock them up.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: May 02, 2014, 12:18:49 am »
Nearly forgot… Have also discovered why egg production suddenly dropped. The local lizard families were feasting! Have now moved the hen house into the wide open spaces so hopefully problem solved.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: May 02, 2014, 12:20:54 am »

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: May 02, 2014, 12:44:39 am »
Will follow your advice JulieO, lol
Wow Djinni, you will be contributing to the farmers market soon. Looks fantastic, i love my chickens too.
Must be nice to reap the rewards from all your hard work MF, enjoy.
Denise

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: May 02, 2014, 01:09:46 am »
love it JulieO ;D ;D

Djinni, the vege gardens look great.

We let our chickens out every afternoon, and all weekend too.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: May 02, 2014, 01:17:35 am »
It was great to have a laugh whilst having my cuppa at the computer Julie. Thank goodness I wasn't drinking it at the time though as I was laughing very heartily by the time I got through your message.   :D :D

What a lot of trouble you've gone to to keep your garden & vegie patch safe from the chooks Gayle.  Tell me though, how do you get into the vegie tubs to pick things or weed the patches?  Please do take another photo down the track to show how much they've grown
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #4152 on: May 02, 2014, 06:30:34 am »
That's a very impressive vegie patch Gayle. Your backyard is huge. :D

Very good Julie.  ;D

mcmich

« Reply #4153 on: May 02, 2014, 07:45:59 am »
I am VERY HAPPY. I was gifted a Tala biscuit tin from the lovely Marie. I was eyeing off our own moderator Cookie's one that she received from her SS. Marie even said that she knew I didn't want to bring anything else into the house and I could gift it on - heck NO. I will use my one in, one out rule. Out will go the mustard and olive Tupperware containers that were my grandma's and in is one very stylish Tala Biscuit Tin.

Thank You Marie, I love it. So very generous and thoughtful of you.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: May 02, 2014, 08:55:08 am »
Hahaha. Just lovely, Mich. So sweet of you, Marie 😄