Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8991861 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #3795 on: September 20, 2010, 09:05:59 pm »
I made the Hungarian Goulash for supper, both DH and DS thought it was lovely.I used 600g of meat and added one green and one red pepper(capsicum) sliced.I cooked the Goulash at 90c not 100c as suggested in the book.Served it with(TM) mashed potatoes, steamed carrots and broccoli
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: September 21, 2010, 03:03:04 am »
Yesterdays TMX recipes were Chookie's Rustic bread again, and CP63's lovely fruit and nut slice. (which I can't stop snacking on :'()
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3797 on: September 21, 2010, 12:22:25 pm »
Today made KFC ,  revisited,  Malt biscuits ,mashed pots, Celeriac salad,   all thermoed.

Offline pinkscrapbooker

• View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: September 22, 2010, 10:51:10 am »
I made the chilli jam from the meat cookbook, good recipe, very simple

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: September 22, 2010, 02:56:51 pm »
I steamed some veggie sticks for the little one, and rustled up a quick cake.  It's a recipe for a very simple sponge cake in the Uk book, which was slightly faster and easier when I made it (my fatal tendency to not read instructions properly!).  It is in 3 steps in the book, I managed to do it in 1.  And then poured it into my fairly large tray for tray bakes, and it baked perfectly in 10 minutes.  So from my deciding to make the cake to it coming out of the oven was 15 minutes.  Can't complain at that!  I was impressed.

It was (despite my doing all sorts of things I shouldn't have) very successful, and surprisingly delicious for such a straight forward, basic Victoria sponge cake recipe.  I haven't done anything to it (eg jam, cream, icing) as it was made on DD2's dietician's orders.  Wouldn't it just be great if I dietician would recommend that I eat cake!  ;D

I'm going to try the UK book tomato ketchup today, complete with plums.  Apparently the addition of the plums (which seems odd) is for the pectin and sugar content, to both thicken and sweeten the ketchup in a healthy way.  Sounds good to me.

Incidentally, did I ever report back that the Tenina fudge is DANGEROUSLY good?  Certainly perfect for gifts.  My husband has requested some which include chilli for his next present from me.  I didn't have 400g of one kind of chocolate, so I used white, milk and dark.  I also didn't have hazelnuts, so I used a mix of brazil and almonds.  Completely wonderful.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 01:03:01 am by CarolineW »
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: September 23, 2010, 03:44:03 am »
I made Judy's potatoes/curry paste/cream last night and steamed the vegies in the tray of the varoma while it was cooking. Had chicken breasts with herbed philly in them wrapped in bacon that I had steamed earlier. I sprinkled paprika over everything to brown it up a little. ;) ;) ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: September 23, 2010, 01:48:24 pm »
Made Red Pepper 'Jam' for a cheese/cracker platter tomorrow.  Delicious and another idea for our Christmas hampers.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #3802 on: September 23, 2010, 01:54:42 pm »
I steamed some veggie sticks for the little one, and rustled up a quick cake.  It's a recipe for a very simple sponge cake in the Uk book, which was slightly faster and easier when I made it (my fatal tendency to not read instructions properly!).  It is in 3 steps in the book, I managed to do it in 1.  And then poured it into my fairly large tray for tray bakes, and it baked perfectly in 10 minutes.  So from my deciding to make the cake to it coming out of the oven was 15 minutes.  Can't complain at that!  I was impressed.

It was (despite my doing all sorts of things I shouldn't have) very successful, and surprisingly delicious for such a straight forward, basic Victoria sponge cake recipe.  I haven't done anything to it (eg jam, cream, icing) as it was made on DD2's dietician's orders.  Wouldn't it just be great if I dietician would recommend that I eat cake!  ;D

I'm going to try the UK book tomato ketchup today, complete with plums.  Apparently the addition of the plums (which seems odd) is for the pectin and sugar content, to both thicken and sweeten the ketchup in a healthy way.  Sounds good to me.

Incidentally, did I ever report back that the Tenina fudge is DANGEROUSLY good?  Certainly perfect for gifts.  My husband has requested some which include chilli for his next present from me.  I didn't have 400g of one kind of chocolate, so I used white, milk and dark.  I also didn't have hazelnuts, so I used a mix of brazil and almonds.  Completely wonderful.

Hi Caroline,
That sponge sounds wonderful!! Thats my kind of cooking  ;) If you get a chance sometime would you be able to post or PM the sponge and teh sauce recipes please?   :-* :-* :-* :-*
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #3803 on: September 23, 2010, 01:55:09 pm »
Made Red Pepper 'Jam' for a cheese/cracker platter tomorrow.  Delicious and another idea for our Christmas hampers.

That sounds very interesting JD  :)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: September 23, 2010, 02:34:58 pm »

Yes we probably need to revive that thread and start adding all these types of things to it right about now  :o :o :o
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: September 24, 2010, 02:48:40 am »
Yesterday was Linseed bread, banana soft serve icecream and the recipe in this weeks Woolworths catalogue Salmon fettucine that I did in the TMX. It was rather nice, but next time I would add more salmon. (it was the $10 special)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: September 24, 2010, 03:25:27 am »
coles have a really good magazine with heaps of recipes in it too. thats where I got that antipasto and parmesan flatbread recipe from. its amazing how many good recipes there are out there when you start looking in places other than cookbooks.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: September 24, 2010, 10:27:28 am »
Visitors to lunch today so us girls had a gin cocktail and red pepper jam/cheese/cracker platter for starters, main consisted of Chookies dinner rolls. weber cooked pork standing rib roast with hasselback potatoes, 6 different vegies steamed in the TMX (visitor very impressed with the quantity I was able to do), gravy from the freezer and dessert was sticky date pudding.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3808 on: September 24, 2010, 10:40:54 am »
Boy that sounds like a big meal - but good to see the gin cocktails to kick off & get the girls in the mood  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3809 on: September 25, 2010, 09:04:33 am »
Judy,  what a great meal.  Love the Gin cocktails,   last time I made them we all drank too much.   Today i have been experimenting with South African Buttermilk Rusks, ( a bit like Italian Biscotti)   We had it at some friends place yesterday and it was yummy and a bit different.  When i have perfected the recipe I will post it as it could be useful for the Xmas hampers.  Fed the Sour dough,  (poor thing hasn't been fed for 2 weeks).  Started off the Rustic Bread from the Agrarian Kitchen.   Went into Bakers Delight to see what was available and noticed ,  what they called 'Real Sour Dough Bread',  I wonder what the other stuff was that they sold as sour dough.  $5.50 a loaf.  Made a spread of Avocado for the prawn sandwiches.  Last night made tomato , sage and potato soup.