Author Topic: Spicy Asian Chicken in Garlic Sauce (from Canadian Cookbook)  (Read 31963 times)

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
Re: Spicy Asian Chicken in Garlic Sauce (from Canadian Cookbook)
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 04:55:45 pm »
Planning on making this tomorrow. Somehow despite going into the Asian shop and checking off that I'd picked up the Sesame Oil I somehow failed to actually buy it. Doh! There is a version (or potentially the exact version of this) in Tenina's Asian Thermomix cook book, though it uses 800-900g of chicken and various other upped quantities.

It it seems 18 months on, Judy has surpassed 10,000 comments and ahead of Thermomixer
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 07:15:21 am »
Just had a look tarsus ad you are right  :) same recipe just a higher percentage of ingredients to feed more people  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 09:22:43 am »
Finally made it on Sunday (using the version in the book which is slightly different as it uses the Thermomix to do the shredding).

It was very nice despite making it with Turkey (supermarket has run out of chicken breasts), which as a meat I don't like, and not having enough sesame oil. Leftovers worked great as a sandwich filler the next day. I very much suspect I'll be making more to use like that :)

I can highly recommend it and really it isn't that Spicy! 
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 11:23:47 pm »
Made this for dinner tonight and it was fabulous. We didn't have whiskey so I used brandy, and I didn't have chilli oil so I used sweet chilli sauce and skipped the sugar.  Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 01:12:45 am »
I have added this recipe and reviews to our review list for A Taste of Asia as it is the same recipe except for lesser quantities as Tarasis & Faffa pointed out.  It is on page 46 of our book.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 11:38:49 am »
Now that I've made this I've seen that it isn't really an All in One Meal as the sides are cooked separately, but it's so completely delicious that I'm really, really glad that it was posted here, just in case I'd overlooked it in the Main Meal section  ;D :-*

I would just copy it to Main Meals so that it can be found in both places, but I can't find how to do that.  So I'll move it as that's a nice easy moderator button that's there for me  ;D  Hope you don't mind.

Thanks so very much for posting this, Melissa, DH and I love it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:43:30 am by CarolineW »
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline chardie18

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 11:07:12 am »
I cooked this Sunday night and we loved it!!!!!!

I made two tweaks to the recipe. I cooked the chicken for two minutes less (as I don't like overcooked chicken) and I doubled the sauce quantities as I love lots of sauce with my rice.

It was also great re-heated the next day for lunch!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 01:23:45 pm »
I wonder if DH would notice if I used his single malt whiskey for this :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 02:18:12 pm »
CC did he?

Must make this again myself. This time with Chicken and enough sesame oil :) this weekend I think.