Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8929286 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #34035 on: January 08, 2020, 10:40:19 pm »
The first meal from last night’s batch of Lemon Butter Chicken was really nice.  When I tasted the sauce last night it was a bit too lemony and the thyme was overpowering (I’d only used half a teaspoon but dried thyme is always stronger than fresh which I prefer.). Tonight though it was very well balanced so I guess the quantities were OK.  I served the meal with 100g of pan fried cauliflower ‘rice’ into which I added a spring onion and some garlic powder along with a zucchini timbale with a touch of carrot to add colour.  Both the cauli rice and the zucchini timbale were from freezer stock so it was a very quick meal indeed with 2 items heated in the microwave.  I struggled to get through the meal even though it doesn’t look a huge serve.

Thanks Judy, I will make this for DH for sure.  Might be in a couple of weeks though as guess who's coming to stay again next week  and I'm not sure whether he'd like a lemony chicken.  ;D  though I guess I could still make it and something more plain for him.  I'll figure it out.  :D

As both our meals are already done for today, the only cooking I'll do is another batch of the cauli soup I made the other day as I've got everything needed and it will be perfect for DH going into nighshift tomorrow.  I still have some small dinner rolls in the freezer so one or two of those with it will make a more filling meal for him.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34036 on: January 09, 2020, 01:38:55 am »
Well GS does love to come and stay with you Julie, that’s so lovely.  Do you still go on your early morning walks when GS is with you?

No cooking here today with 40 degrees expected, ham salad for lunch and something from the freezer for tea.  Will spend most of the afternoon at the nursing home as I do nothing on very hot days and I may as well be sitting with Mum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #34037 on: January 09, 2020, 02:41:24 am »
Judy, in summer I'm back home by about 6.15am.  If DH is on dayshifts (does 2 together) he leaves home at 6.30 so I'm home in time. 

When he's on nightshifts (2 together), he only gets home about 7.15am so it's too late for me to go as the sun is up and I would be walking directly into it.  Blinding and makes it uncomfortably warm. 

In winter, it's the opposite, too dark for me to go before he goes to work but am able to go when he gets home from nightshift as it's cold and no blinding sun.  :D

I usually have 1 morning off a week anyway, so the extra one doesn't hurt.  It's only for 1 week (winter school hols, and maybe 2 weeks this time of year).  Sometimes I have to miss an extra day anyway because of weather but that's not that often  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34038 on: January 09, 2020, 06:12:27 am »
You have it all planned out perfectly Julie and it sure doesn’t matter if you miss the odd day. It’s quite a long walk you do, I only do half an hour when I feel like it!  No such dedication here but I do have a decent work out twice a week at the gym and a lot of laughs with my group whilst doing so.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34039 on: January 09, 2020, 08:32:05 am »
I try to do my 10,000 steps a day. Some on the treadmill and some just during the day.

No cooking here except for the wraps.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34040 on: January 10, 2020, 01:58:11 am »
https://yummyinspirations.net/2016/10/creamy-tuna-2-minute-zoodles-recipe/
I prepared the ingredients last night and just threw it together for lunch today, leftovers for tea. Very tasty and quick, I did add 1/2 tsp garlic paste. No carb count on recipe but I calculated it as 5.9g for half the recipe and I don’t know how they came up with the calories as I got 249 cals for half as well. Anyone able to check that for me please?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:14:19 am by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What are you cooking today?
« Reply #34041 on: January 10, 2020, 11:54:21 am »
I made some Blueberry Muffins today.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 12:01:57 pm by cookie1 »

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #34042 on: January 10, 2020, 09:13:39 pm »
I made a nice recipe yesterday "easy strawberry cake' which I converted to TM.  I'll put up the recipe later as it's so easy to make, looks really nice and more importantly tastes good.  :D  Perfect if you know you are having visitors or have some strawberries in the fridge.  :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #34043 on: January 10, 2020, 10:32:46 pm »
I made some dips yesterday. Hummus, Spicy Red Capsicum and Baba Ganoush.  Loaf of Laucke Grain bread in the Bread Machine as I was feeling lazy.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #34044 on: January 10, 2020, 10:34:32 pm »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34045 on: January 11, 2020, 01:54:17 am »
Nice Chookie.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34046 on: January 11, 2020, 07:39:56 am »
They all look tasty Chookie. I always do a couple of dips when a particular friend comes over. She prefers that to goodies.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #34047 on: January 11, 2020, 12:04:47 pm »
The dips look great Chookie .
Indulgence today , made caramel macadamia slice ! Had it for dessert , DS said I had better floss tonight!! Very rich but oh so yummy.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34048 on: January 11, 2020, 07:19:20 pm »
Great looking dips Chookie.

The caramel slice sounds delicious Katie,
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #34049 on: January 11, 2020, 09:14:39 pm »
Yesterday I cook Ral some Cream Puffs.  This Forum recipe is one of my all time favourites. I also often think of Cream Puff the Forum member.