Author Topic: Help my blades are not spinning & it sounds terrible!!  (Read 46365 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help my blades are not spinning & it sounds terrible!!
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 11:32:07 am »
Two years for home use.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 12:18:01 pm »
There was something on one of the current affair shows about warranties a few years ago ! They were saying that regardless of what warranty period was supplied by manufacturers, consumers have statutory rights. It goes something along these lines ......

If you pay $10,000 for say a TV and the supplier only gives say a 12 month warranty and the tv then breaks down outside of this period because you have paid $10,000 as a consumer you can reasonably expect that a $10k tv would last more than 12 months and you can argue this point with manufacturers. 

It also went on to say that extended warranties provided by retailers is in many cases a waste of money because the consumer has statutory rights that protect them. So they are double selling it to you in effect.

My DH has argued this point with items outside the warranty period and has been able to get things covered that they would try and avoid. It pays to know your rights !!

This would also apply here, particularly given consultants often, spruce about how long the machines last and their cost.

Interesting isn't it !!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2013, 12:44:54 am »
I argued this point with Thermomix that they are just not lasting the distance even tho I am aware of not overloading the machine.  They still stuck to their guns that I was the one at fault. I don't believe i, but you can just keep saying that til you're blue in the face cos they keep saying how it's such a rare occurrence. I also wonder where we stand when we've been told at demonstrations when buying our machines that ice sharpens the blades and they recognise the fact that consultants were saying this as they seem to have side stepped this issue.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2013, 12:50:05 am »
It does 't really matter how rare a machine fault is they should still address it  promptly. Don't get me started!!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Southwestsam

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2014, 11:41:45 am »
Disappointed!!!! Think I stripped my blades.  Don't really think I overloaded my Thermie.  I have been blitzing almonds to make my almond sludge (3 cups almond, 100gm 70% cooking chocolate, 2 tbsp cocoa, 1 tbsp coconut oil - toss in some macadamia for crunch).  Also my favourite cranberry juice and frozen mango drink.  Damn damn damn.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2014, 12:03:18 pm »
That's bad news Southwestsam.Is your TM still under warranty?
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cjdlperry

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2014, 10:30:47 am »
Well, here I am 16 months later with the same problem again. I had just started making Quirky's creamy chicken and brown rice soup, I went to chop up the veggies and get the "sound of death" from my blades.  I will be emailing HO, and politely explaining that these should be replaced at no cost to me.    >:(

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2014, 01:38:14 pm »
Good luck. Let us know what they say.

Offline Chris-Nekkhammaruci

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2014, 04:34:20 pm »
It sounds like you and I had a similar outcome CP with blades + replacement + HO response. I have been a little shocked to discover that the blades are a consumable item  .  Thankfully I have the 2nd bowl whilst waiting the arrival of new blades!!!!!!

I am surprised to read this as I too was not told abt this. 

At present I am arranging for my thermomix to be sent back to HO as I am having some electric shocks while using the machine.  The HO is responding fast but no solution so far...they push d pillow back to me by saying that I have a body that could emit static that cause d electric shocks...since I using computer a lot during my day work....I do not have positive expectation anymore even with a helpful staff...

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2014, 11:10:03 pm »
Well that is a new one Chris. Funny thing is that when I visit my local Woolies store. I often get little shocks when removing things from the shelves.  Very strange. Nowhere else does this happen.

I sort of hope it is the machine otherwise it may remain a mystery.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2014, 12:51:31 am »
Chris, if someone else in your family uses your machine does it happen to them?

Gert, I always knew you were hot stuff :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2014, 07:14:31 am »
I have just been "talking" to my DIL in India. She sent me a VDO of her blades.  The base spins but the blades do not. She phoned head office and was advised they have been "released " from the base and new blades are required which they will courier to Mayapur for $50. Seems reasonable to me. Luckily my DS's gave her a second jug a few years ago. She uses her Thermomix constantly in her catering business and could really use another Thermomix.  She has really given them a work out for the past four years.

I am wondering if the blades can be refurbished.

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2014, 08:45:47 am »
Gert I am like you, I get electric shocks from metal on hot or warm, dry days.  It gets so bad when I am shopping that I am too scared to pick up a metal object if it is an electric day. Wearing shoes with leather soles helps.
I once had a parent complain to the principal that I had pinched her child. Fortunately said child had yelled out 'you pinched me'. We eventually got the parent to understand when I wore rubber soled shoes and shuffled my feet on government issue nylon carpets and 'shocked' them.  I even cop it from the car when we are travelling if I slide out of the seat on non man made seat covers. My Dad was the same.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2014, 09:11:28 am »
Interesting cookie. I thought the rubber soles helped. I almost always wear sandals with rubber soles when shopping.  Yes the same in the car. We must be sisters! It does not happen in Coles only Woolies. Must be their floor covering. I have never mentioned it to anyone as. I am sure they would think I was making it up. It is really annoying. Nd sometimes after 10 "shocks " I might ask someone to reach something down.

But no more buying anything for the pantry so no shocks for a while.

Gert

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2014, 10:08:10 am »
Can I join the sisterhood, this happens to me also ,  as I get out the car I always try to touch the rubber around the door.  I shop at woolworths too. I wonder if it the metal the shelves are made with?, glad to hear it happens to others.