Author Topic: Beef Diane  (Read 19966 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Beef Diane
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 11:05:20 pm »
Half the recipe will be plenty for the 3 of you Hally. We got 4 meals out of half here.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 11:08:14 pm »
Thans JD, thats what I thought, by the time you add pasta & veg.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 08:39:08 am »
Ooohhh Dashingden

You can put your chefs apron on here anytime LOL

Was a little wary as I know what gym fanatics eat :)

Have had a little sample, this is tomorrows  dinner & its lovely.

Also what I loved i could leave the TM on and play with ds in the pool for 60 mins without worrying about my TM singing to me.

I know all 3 of us will enjoy it tomorrw night.

My meat chunks were about 4cms, cut by butcher, so just left & I used the butterfly. Perfect chunks still.

Thank you

Ps glad i bought the brandy ;D

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 08:42:26 am »
Dashingen, this was much enjoyed. Did slip with the worcestershire sauce so a little spicier than it should have been but will definitely make it again. Thank you.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 11:54:08 am »
Had this tonight served on a bed of spahetti, on the side carrots & brocolini.

It was loved  by all, ds has requested it again. 600g was enough fr the 3 of us, no left ivers which Iam always happy about :)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 12:38:24 pm »
I am glad that you all enjoyed this.  I can't take credit for the recipe only the conversion.  The recipe is from a women's day casserole cookbook.

This is one DWs favorites.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 03:04:11 pm »
DashingDen my DD is going to be in the half ironman at Busso. I love to have people to watch out for and scream encouragement as they go past and its funny how many people you remember if you go to a few events. I look so hard all the time to make sure I don't miss my DD that I probably have already seen you; its funny how many people you remember. I usually position myself 100m North after the turnoff at the cafe (does that make sense?? -- we go there when there is a lull). Do you wear anything special that I could recognise?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 03:31:33 am »
We loved this. I made a couple of changes to suit the 3 of us. I did a half quantity, but when it came to the tomatoes I didn't want half a tin sitting round so I left the stock out and used all the tomatoes. But I did put some vegie stock paste in for flavour.
Great recipe.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 04:32:48 am »
Cookie,

I did 1/2 the recipe and the day aftwe we had eaten it, I made a batch for the freezer.

Yes its a great easy recipe.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 02:45:34 pm »
CP this will be the first year that I competed in the Busso half.  I think I know the cafe you mean.  I was at the Busselton Jetty last weekend for the Jetty swim.  So far this year  I have competed in Triathlons at Hillarys, Champion Lakes and City of Perth.  I wear the red tri-suit that I have on in my forum photo. 

I hope to see you at Busso. It would be great to have someone cheer at me occasionally. DH doesn't usually come to my races, she says that she doesn't do WAG.

Hally I may train a lot but I don't eat as well as I should. You will usually be safe with any recipes I post. Nothing too healthy.

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 07:48:55 am »
This was delicious! The whole family gave this a 10/10!

We had no brandy and I didn't replace it with anything. I had no beef stock so just used 2 tbls vegie stock and kept the juice from the meat, and then later accidentally added 160g cream. I hadn't read the suggestion to use the butterfly in time but the meat stayed in shape and it was fantastically tender.

Even though the kids asked for seconds, my DH had already put the leftovers away for his lunch tomorrow,. Little does he know that I have popped it in the freezer already for one of those "have to feed the kids in 10 mins" nights.

This will most definitely be on our regulars list!
Kerryn

Offline chicksta44

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 09:39:03 pm »
Hi Guys. Can I just clarify if you have used 125grams of liquid stock or beef stock powder? I'm planning on making this tonight. Have read everyones comments and am a little confused on what to do to get the best result. Am planning on serving it just with steamed veg so don't want it too runny as I wont have the mash to soak it up with. Damn diet.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 10:19:55 pm »
it's liquid stock Lisaarnold or if you have the stock concentrate pastes then a teaspoon or two of that (depending on your tastes) and then water to make up the 125g. I often add the stock paste and then just 125g water (laziness lol)

This is a great dish, we love it here in our house too  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline chicksta44

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 11:04:47 pm »
Excellent. Thanks Kathryn

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 07:19:45 am »
I add a stock concentrate cube (have been freezing them since I lost one batch to mould) and the juices from the meat that settle in the bottom of the bowl, and then don't add any more liquid. We have always found the consistency to be right for us and I suspect we would find it too runny if we added extra liquid.
Kerryn