Author Topic: Hokkien Noodles with Chicken, Ginger and Oyster Sauce  (Read 9634 times)

Offline CateA

• View Profile
Hokkien Noodles with Chicken, Ginger and Oyster Sauce
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:27:09 am »
Hokkien Noodles with Chicken, Ginger and Oyster Sauce
Serves 2

220gms fresh Hokkien noodles
200gms chicken breast, diced or cut into strips
2Tbspns Shao Tsing wine
1 Tbspn light soy sauce
3 cloves garlic
10 grams fresh ginger root
15 gms peanut oil
50 gms oyster sauce
1 fresh red chilli (or to taste, depending on heat of chilli)
250gms mixed Asian veg (capsicum, broccoli, sugar snap peas or mange tout, bok choy etc)
50 gms roasted unsalted cashews
Fresh chopped coriander root, to garnish

Place chicken breast in a bowl with the Shao Tsing wine or sherry and soy sauce and marinate for 30 minutes. Soak the noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes until separated. Place the cashews in the TM bowl and chop for 10 seconds on speed 5. Set aside.
Place ginger and garlic in the TM bowl and chop for 10 seconds on speed 7. Add peanut oil and saute for 2 mins at 100C on speed 1. Add the chicken with the marinade and cook for 2 mins at 100C on  :-: ^^. Add the vegetable, oyster sauce and chilli if using and cook for 2 mins at 100C on  :-: ^^. Drain the noodles and add to the TM bowl. Cook for 3 minutes at 100C on  :-: ^^.
Serve, garnishing with cashews and coriander.  

members' comments

JD - Had this for lunch today with a few minor changes.  1 clove garlic, 5 gms fresh ginger and 10g peanut oil.  The heat from the little chilli I found in my garden gave it a bit of a kick but we both enjoyed it - very quick meal using frozen stir fry vegies. Thickened it with a little bit of cornflour. Thanks CateA, nice one.

Using this method but with pork fillet and some frozen honey soy sauce leftover from this recipe, we had this today to use up the 1/2 packet of hokkein noodles and stir fry frozen vegies from yesterday's meal.  Looks pretty much the same but a completely different taste.  I used the garlic & ginger but left out the chilli & oyster sauce and just added the packet of sauce instead.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:32:16 pm by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hokkien Noodles with Chicken, Ginger and Oyster Sauce
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:37:21 am »
You are on a roll with your recipes CateA, is the chicken diced?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CateA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 10:46:54 am »
Yes Judydawn, as it is a public holiday here I have been catching up on my posting! Yes, diced chicken, I will edit the recipe and re-post.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:46:36 am »
CateA all these recipe look lovely. Thanks and well done.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 06:51:55 am »
Had this for lunch today with a few minor changes.  1 clove garlic, 5 gms fresh ginger and 10g peanut oil.  The heat from the little chilli I found in my garden gave it a bit of a kick but we both enjoyed it - very quick meal using frozen stir fry vegies. Thickened it with a little bit of cornflour. Thanks CateA, nice one.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:54:16 am by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 05:32:23 am »
Using this method but with pork fillet and some frozen honey soy sauce leftover from this recipe, we had this today to use up the 1/2 packet of hokkein noodles and stir fry frozen vegies from yesterday's meal.  Looks pretty much the same but a completely different taste.  I used the garlic & ginger but left out the chilli & oyster sauce and just added the packet of sauce instead.