Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7860501 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #39540 on: December 25, 2020, 08:34:10 am »
Never a truer word was spoken or in this case written Judy.  Your day was certainly different as was Chookie’s. I’m sure both days were different but enjoyed in their own way. Will your Melbourne DD be staying in Adelaide now Judy?
Denise, I certainly hope you don’t have another lockdown. This new strain of Covid is worrying.

We had another39 degrees today.  We went down to Shoalwater to see MIL. She had a banana for Christmas lunch and a small mouthful of what we had taken down. DH put it in her fridge and he will throw it out when he sees her next week. 😀😀
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #39541 on: December 25, 2020, 12:32:30 pm »
Wishing everyone a special safe Christmas, big virtual hugs . We have had a special Christmas with DM and family at the beach , so good to be here . DH came for the day . Family members pulled together and we had a buffet meal , best oysters and rare roast beef DN cooked to perfection. DM ate oysters for lunch . We are blessed to be together and have special memory of today .
It was freezing today we had the heating going , so got to wear my new summer dress .
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 12:37:00 pm by K Atie »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39542 on: December 25, 2020, 12:34:28 pm »
No, they’re only here for a week cookie but it was my best Christmas for many years with having both daughters here. I also enjoyed the time spent at DD2’s in-laws for lunch - such a great day all round.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #39543 on: December 25, 2020, 07:10:35 pm »
Judy so pleased for you to have such a lovely time with your daughters.
We finished off Christmas Day with a walk along the beach DD and DS .
Chookie congratulations to GD for getting her license.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #39544 on: December 25, 2020, 07:38:52 pm »
So good to hear everyone's Xmas day was wonderful.  We also had a nice, but quiet, time.

Like you all, we send hugs to everyone and will look forward to a better year in 2021 and that we all keep safe and well. Perhaps it won't be fun, but taking all the precautions will see us through until Xmas next year.

By the way, I took a COVID test last week (I had the symptoms and was sure it was just a cold - which it was, but we wanted to make sure).  All along I had dreaded having to take the test ... something stuck up my nose and down my throat held absolutely no appeal at all, but it was not bad, so should you need to take a test,don't be wary, it is not as bad as you may think.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39545 on: December 25, 2020, 09:30:36 pm »
Judy, so pleased you had a great day with both daughters and family.
The Chocolate Cherry Xmas cake, not my favourite.
So pleased to see all our friends on the Forum managed to enjoy the day.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39546 on: December 25, 2020, 10:29:32 pm »
The Covid test does look a bit uncomfortable Marina but it’s quick and millions of people have had it so I figured it had to be bearable.  Thanks for sharing your experience and setting our mind at ease. Enjoy your break from work.

I’m sure we will all be having a quiet day today to recover and reflect on our special day yesterday. No Boxing sale chaos for me!  Good to hear that we all made the most of and enjoyed Christmas 2020, roll on 2021 to see what it holds for us all.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39547 on: December 26, 2020, 01:35:20 am »
It was lovely to read about everyone’s Christmas Day. Such a variety, KAtie’s was cold and we had 40+.
DD is working today and we are going to my brother’s for lunch. I ate far too much yesterday. I felt as though I was going to pop. Not a nice feeling to be truthful. I need to remember that.
Thanks for the information on the Covid test Marina. You hear so many awful comments about it.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #39548 on: December 27, 2020, 01:11:09 am »
Good Morning, Happy late Christmas, how are you all.  :)  Just relaxing here, gosh its Humid...

Lazing around cleaning / baking today. we had a quiet Christmas with DH Brother and Daughters.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #39549 on: December 30, 2020, 12:21:53 pm »
Happy Christmas and new year Obbie . Warming up a little today ,DH started harvesting the oats and there are a lot of field bins and a chaser bin , lots of oats coming off which is good . Only just got the canola into the bunker this morning before it was full and closed !!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39550 on: December 30, 2020, 08:57:52 pm »
Lovely to see everyone feeling positive during the festive season , after an awful year for everyone.
GD achieved the results necessary to get into the uni course she wanted.  Cheers all round. We had a celebration dinner last night. 
Also enjoyed and appreciated Marina and her DH dropping in on the way to their country property. 
Please accept apologies for missed responses to good wishes that I have missed.  Roll on New Year.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39551 on: December 31, 2020, 02:18:00 am »
Well done GD!  So nice for you to catch up with Marina and her DH Chookie.  I’ve just farewelled my Melbourne kids after a wonderful week.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 02:19:31 am by judydawn »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39552 on: December 31, 2020, 05:27:36 am »
Judy, we are so pleased that you enjoyed being with both DD for Xmas.
Marina’s DH, brought a. Loaf of SD. Bread.  Without exception it is the best
SD I have tasted in years. The taste was perfect and it was studded with seeds and grains.
I gave my SD starter a serious talking to this morning and I has started to mend is way.   Looking  and smelling much better.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39553 on: December 31, 2020, 06:12:27 am »
Wow it must have been exceptionally good for such an accolade Chookie, well done Marina’s DH.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39554 on: December 31, 2020, 11:14:21 am »
How wonderful for your clever GD, I’m sure it is a relief for everyone. An exciting new chapter of her life is to begin.
Marina, you obviously have a clever DH. High praise indeed for his SD. Chookie I’m glad that your starter listened when you gave it a good talking too. They are certainly fickle things.