Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7861796 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38220 on: January 04, 2020, 11:00:29 pm »
Morning all.
I agree.  Where do all the people who have lost their homes, go. ?
We have holidayed at most of the beautiful places along the coast that are burning. We are too far away to help, other than give money.  Glad to see the big Supermarkets stepping up with water and food.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38221 on: January 05, 2020, 12:10:28 am »
It’s nice and cool here and we’ve had steady rain overnight and this morning. Such a lovely sound to hear, we need it but not as much as the fire affected areas. The fire that affected my friend is under control at the moment and this rain will really help.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38222 on: January 05, 2020, 06:45:33 pm »
I hope your headache has cleared JulieO.

Very kind of you to drop in DJ. Denise how is the mud situation? Does the sun dry it out a bit.

We have had a few beautiful days. Back up to 36 tomorrow.
Still very muddy on site Cookie. November was very wet. The wood where I can walk Chance will not dry out until the summer.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38223 on: January 05, 2020, 08:49:56 pm »
Morning all.  Light rain overnight.  Our grass is all brown but the garden is still ok.  However we still have a long way to go with Summer.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38224 on: January 05, 2020, 10:05:27 pm »
Thanks all for your kind thoughts.  My headache did clear up later.  I had a bit of tension around my neck and shoulders that seemed to be the problem.  DH gave me a good massage in that area and I felt much better for it. 

Having our GS stay these days is much easier (turns 9 this coming weekend) than when he was little. Don't need to monitor constantly except for food supplies  :D  but the couple of days after he goes home,  it's really nice just to relax.  ;D

Loved it yesterday, we had pretty much constant rain from around 6am, not heavy but nice enough and this morning, was a cold walk.  I needed a thin hoodie and a light jacket but it sure blew the cobwebs out! 

A bit of a dreary day but I'm not complaining as I see we are expecting 41 on Thursday with cooler days on either side. 

Need to do a bit of shopping then some cooking today.  I've had a couple of days off which was nice.  I'm feeling like soup today.  ;D

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38225 on: January 05, 2020, 11:33:58 pm »
Good morning everyone.   We are covered in thick smoke here and even tho I have the house closed up it still manages to creep inside. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38226 on: January 06, 2020, 03:46:39 am »
We had a hot one yesterday but I was miserable with hayfever for some reason or other.
The next few days are warm. We have a cyclone developing up in the north and it is usually hot while they are around. Like you Chookie we can only help the poor people and animals affected by the fires with money. I am going to pop up to my little Italina store for fruit and vegies later today as they get most of theirs locally. The big supermarkets don't and stocks are low there because of the fires on the Nullarbor. A couple of magazines I subscribe too are out there somewhere.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38227 on: January 06, 2020, 09:36:19 pm »
Good morning all.
When we lived at Cherokee I kept several boxes packed with documents , during the summer bush fire season. When fires were in the area we would pop these in the car and take off to somewhere safer.
I haven’t been doing this at Invermay but given recent events think that I will put together a box today. Most photos are on the computer but will also pack some very old family photos.
It is still cool and loving it.  Also a little rain.  Like Mab we are experiencing the smoke, although not has thick.  It is blowing up from Melbourne and probably Tasmania. 
The GC are coming today to help us cover our Peach tree which is loaded with Peaches. The bird haven’t discovered them yet.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38228 on: January 06, 2020, 11:36:43 pm »
Good morning everyone.  We still have some smoke around us but nothing like yesterday, at least I can see the houses in the street today.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38229 on: January 07, 2020, 05:34:55 am »
You are very fortunate that the birds haven't discovered the peaches Chookie. Warm here today.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38230 on: January 07, 2020, 07:08:48 am »
Just make sure they can’t be stolen again like they were last summer Chookie!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38231 on: January 07, 2020, 08:42:16 pm »
Just make sure they can’t be stolen again like they were last summer Chookie!
Yes Judy.  We have put a security gate on the drive.
Slightly warmer today.  Most of the smoke has gone. 
Not sure if anyone interested but I have found this very good.  Easy Diet Diary. It is like My Fitness Pal, except this is designed for Australians.  My Fitness Pal is American.  Easy Diet Diary is free from the App Store and now that I have used it for a few days, find it very easy. My scales don’t link with it but as a stand alone planner I think it is good. It took me a few days of using it to work out every advantage it offers.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 09:11:17 pm by achookwoman »

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38232 on: January 07, 2020, 11:29:55 pm »
Good morning everyone,  20 deg here with a little bit of smoke haze.  I have done the laundry this morning, I just hope it doesn't come in smelling too much of smoke.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38233 on: January 08, 2020, 12:26:34 am »
Thought this might interest those interested in Low Carbs.
Why I like Annie’s approach is that she returned to Uni to study the nutritional nature of low carbs.  I have always liked her recipes as the are simple but creative.  I have several of her books.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38234 on: January 08, 2020, 01:55:57 am »
Thanks for that information Chookie. I use My Fitness Pal but I will certainly check out Easy Diet Diary. I try to be conscientious about it. I feel it has helped me a lot.