Author Topic: Secret Santa 2013  (Read 25929 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Secret Santa 2013
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 06:42:17 am »
No worries MEP!! I got your PM and will add you to the list :D :D

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2013, 06:35:36 am »
Bumping this thread for 2 reasons :)

1. For newbies who want to express interest.
2. Because I have been thinking about this a bit over the past couple of weeks and want to lay some firm rules ;)

Last year I think the Secret Santa went fairly well considering it was the first one, but I believe I could organise it much better. I would really like to continue doing these each year (as long as members want to play) and therefore I want to perfect the organisation.
When it's done properly and fairly, it is lots of fun :D :D :D

I will be adding some rules to the first post. Please don't think it's because I want to mean or difficult. I just want to make sure the game is fair for everyone.

Last year I had a couple of newbies express interest in participating, and I included them in the draw because I don't like to leave people out. However, it isn't fair on other members when we never hear from these people again after I have sent out names and am under the impression that everyone will uphold their role in the game.

So newbies, if you want me to add you to the list, please consider whether you will still be regularly using the forum later in the year. We seem to have a lot of members register, hang around for a while and then we don't see them again.

I'll bump the thread again when I have added the rules to the first post. I'll probably send them to a moderator for proof reading first ;)

Thanks for reading this everyone, I hope we can make our 2013 game even better than last year :D :D :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2013, 06:43:11 am »
Can't wait    :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 06:48:19 am »
Cool Amy thanks  :)

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 06:51:06 am »
Hey Amy,

I've just seen this post.  I would love to be involved again!  Pretty please....
Fiona - who could be working if she wanted to get a job

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2013, 06:52:05 am »
Sure thing dragongirly! :D

mcmich

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2013, 06:57:02 am »
I think that is fair Amy. It is disappointing to allocate names etc. and then someone misses out on a SS present because the giver no longer is participating on the forum.  :D

You did a wonderful job last year (thank you) it was such fun choosing a gift and watching the openings and receiving a gift.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2013, 07:01:50 am »
There must be rules with anything like this, maybe a certain amount of posting before you can become eligible Amy.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2013, 07:04:37 am »
I was thinking the same thing Judy. I will run the rest of my ideas past you via PM :)

Mich, thank you :D :-*

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Secret Santa 2013
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2013, 07:13:42 am »
That was one reason I didn't sign up last year... I wanted to make sure I'd still be around... We'll I am still here,  perhaps should have joined up!
I do like the idea of a minimum amount of postings or something.  It also might make it a bit easier for the person giving as they might feel they "know" the recipient more :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

mcmich

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2013, 07:14:44 am »
Or a free pass if you went to Gracetown or have been to another get together. Some of these folks don't have many postings.

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2013, 07:23:21 am »
Jam, yippee, I will add you :D :D :D

Very good and valid thoughts ladies, I'm taking them down on my trusty notepad ;D I have sent the moderators a PM, so I will draft a list and post it when I'm happy we've covered everything :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2013, 08:30:37 am »
Amy, apart from disappearing members what other types of problems did you encounter? I know that can be a real and nasty problem.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2013, 09:24:04 am »
I had so much fun with the SS last year Amy so I am glad to hear it will be running again this year! I'm sorry to hear that it was not fair for some people, that's such a shame.  Like cookie said, what other problems did you encounter?

I think it is fair to have a minimum number of posts.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Secret Santa 2013
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2013, 09:32:33 am »
I think some people received their gifts but didn't bother to acknowledge that they had  a simple thank you it has arrived was all that was needed.
 it made me feel a little down when everyone was excitedly posting that they couldn't wait to receive or open it when it came but I had no feedback.this was only my personal experience so a little hesitant this time.
A post count is a good idea and thank you Amy you did a great job;D;D;D