Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1030150 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #2685 on: March 17, 2013, 05:06:26 am »
Jeninwa that will be a lovely holiday for you and DH.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: March 17, 2013, 05:08:36 am »
Yes it sounds great but I am still hoping you can make it to the retreat Jen  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: March 17, 2013, 05:58:16 am »
Haven't been very happy the last couple of weeks lots of things going on here atm.
But things are on the up and DH and I have booked a holiday to Vietnam and Cambodia in September for 3 weeks,  something good to look forward too. So I am happy about that but.....
DH did mention that I might have to miss out on going to SA in August but we will see, how things turn out, not ruling it out quite yet.
Hope everything is ok with you Jen.
DH and I did Vietnam and Cambodia this time last year and loved it.
Cambodia really tugged my heart strings  :(
We did an organized tour as we thought it would be easier than doing it independently as we don't speak the language

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: March 17, 2013, 06:09:25 am »
I'll be ok just a couple of things that have knocked me for a six,
We are doing a 8 day tour of Vietnam  starting in Hanoi and finishing in Ho Chi Minh city, then a river cruise up the Mekong river to Siem reap for 8 days and finishing with 4 days in Siem reap. Just waiting on conformation of the cruise.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: March 17, 2013, 06:18:06 am »
Oh Jen, big hug for you. Hope everything works out for you.

Vietnam is fantastic! You will love it and it's people!  ;D

Katie, Perth WA

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: March 17, 2013, 06:23:52 am »
Sounds similar to what we did Jen we started in  Hanoi then went to Sapa and Halong Bay then travelled down through Hue, Hoi An and some other places,can't remember the names at the moment, and then Ho Chi Minh city. We then did the 7 night Mekong cruise and an extra few nights in  Siam Reap. It was an amazing experience and we learned so much and made good friends
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did  ;)
I hope your troubles are not serious  :(
Big hugs on the way  :)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: March 17, 2013, 07:31:16 am »
Jen, the holiday sounds wonderful.  Hope things are on the improve for you.  Take care

Marie

mcmich

« Reply #2692 on: March 17, 2013, 06:54:53 pm »
Hop everything is OK Jen. What a wonderful holiday you have planned.  :D

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: March 17, 2013, 10:37:32 pm »
Jen my uncle and aunt are doing that Vietnam trip as well, sounds good. I hope that you enjoy it.

Amy - the only reason I left the pub was I got dengue. Took me a couple of months to recover and then I worked in a cafe up there, that was alot quieter!

Gert - we left TI almost 20 years ago now, I would love to go back and show our girls where we lived and worked, but the thought of a 10km dinghy trip to the beach we lived on on Prince of Wales Island with my kids fills me with dread! And to think we did it twice a day every day in all sorts of waves and weather!
I'd love to fly around the islands up to PNG like we used to, land on Yorke or Yam or Warraber and have a picnic on the side of the runway, head back to TI and have a beer at the old Grand - but it burned down one night - we sat on the deck of our yacht at 2am watching it - so sad, and the new one certainly didn't have the same atmosphere or 'feel' as the old one. Risk having a beer at the "Spear Chukkers Arms" (the Royal) - not sure if I'm game! A beer at the Federal would be good - it was the only one with aircon!
Oh the memories.... ;D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: March 17, 2013, 10:50:10 pm »
Second bar shift last night, which is why I wasn't on here ;) It was really busy because of St Pat's day, but I had so much fun and am very happy!! :D :D :D I also bumped into an old friend who I haven't seen for three years :o So we're going to get coffee and catch up this week. Very happy dance ;D ;D

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: March 17, 2013, 10:51:20 pm »
So glad you are enjoying your new job Amy, it is great news  ;D ;D

Marie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: March 17, 2013, 11:02:39 pm »
Well that was a plus for last night Amy and I'm doing a happy dance with you.  It will be nice to see you get out a bit more and catch up with old friends and you never know what opportunities may come your way.  I can imagine how enjoyable it was last night, Paddy's day is always celebrated with gusto.  I had a friend who I'm sure lived for that day, he always had the time of his life and I'm sure will be celebrating with his new friends in Spain when dawn breaks over there today. I know you will always find time for us on the forum but enjoy life whilst you can, we will still be here when you come back. :-* :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: March 17, 2013, 11:16:23 pm »
Thanks Judy :D And I know you will still be here, I just miss you all if I don't log on for a day :-* :-*
When I venture out into the big wide world a bit more, you might get sick of me coming on here and saying "look what I did today!" or "I saw this today, how cool is it!" or "you'll never believe what happened today!" ..... etc, etc ;D ;D ;D

I didn't realise what a big event St Patrick's day is. There were quite a few Irish people and lots of people wearing green. And almost everyone was drinking Guiness ;D

Marie, I had a scary moment when I had to threaten to kick a guy out :o But it was great because I proved that I have the guts to stand up to people if they break the rules :D So now I'm more confident and therefore EVEN happier, if that's possible! ;D

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: March 17, 2013, 11:30:53 pm »
Glad you are liking your new job Amy  :)

Hope everything is ok Jen  :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: March 18, 2013, 12:52:15 am »
Great Amy.

Nikkit, my DH went up to TI in December, sounds still the same as now.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url