Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4478131 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #11220 on: January 15, 2014, 08:46:36 pm »
Yay, we are finally joining the iPad club  ;D
We just got an iPad Air and I've ordered a keyboard/cover.  It's for when DH has to do some sales & demos on it, but other than that it will be available for playing on. 

Oh, and in kitchen shopping, I was out the other day and happened to spot a sale at a department store - all bakeware $12 or less.  So I got a ring cake tin and a tart tin I'd been wanting - both we $12 each, down from more than twice that  ;D  Already made Feta Tart the other night and it was lovely, and have a carrot cake recipe to try and convert to tmx in the next few days and will use the ring tin for that. 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11221 on: January 15, 2014, 10:19:15 pm »
Good buys Jo  8)

I have this coming hopefully today for my candle melts

Made from a chip fryer...My hubby could have converted one for me, but he's just too busy, it was easier just to buy it.

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11222 on: January 16, 2014, 12:14:50 am »
It looks as if you are going into the candle making in a big way maddy - that looks a nice sturdy piece of equipment.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11223 on: January 16, 2014, 01:44:56 am »
That's what I'd like to do Judy  ;) also, I have spent a small fortune on candles in the past, so making my own for a fraction of the price is worth the initial outlay.
The pot makes everything easier as you can just leave it in there, and melt as needed then add fragrant oils separately.

.........EAT CAKE!

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #11224 on: January 16, 2014, 02:05:46 am »
maddy don't forget to let us know when you start selling them I love  candles and seem to buy one every week from dusk or Yankee candles ::)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #11225 on: January 16, 2014, 05:50:42 am »
maddy don't forget to let us know when you start selling them I love  candles and seem to buy one every week from dusk or Yankee candles ::)
Me too.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: January 16, 2014, 06:41:53 am »
looks great Maddy,  :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

*suzanne*

« Reply #11227 on: January 16, 2014, 08:19:30 am »
$300 later we have school shoes :o

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: January 16, 2014, 08:23:56 am »
Ow! $300. Will they last the year?

I had a tiny spend up yesterday at the Bread shop.

Hopefully the tin will fit in the Dream Pot and I can try bread in that. I also want to try a cake in it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

« Reply #11229 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:41 am »
lilys probably will her feet don't seem to grow to fast ds12 is in a men's 8 so I'm hoping he'll get a semester (but the rate he's growing probably not) ::)    and ds8 should really just wear bread bags his will hopefully last a term
nice bread stuff I really need to go to all about bread in Greenwood

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: January 16, 2014, 08:56:26 am »
Nice cookie.

I understand about the shoes. Cp takes mens size 7 when he was still 9!!!! Hoping he can get this term out of them still. :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

*suzanne*

« Reply #11231 on: January 16, 2014, 10:59:15 am »
its amazing how quickly his feet have grown at the end of 2012 he was in a boys size 2 and out of nowhere these big flippers appeared and now he's taller than me as well (not that it takes much) but it does get more expensive the older they get :D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: January 16, 2014, 12:37:23 pm »
Ooh I know, cp has to buy all small mens now >:(  clothes are very expensive & he has only just turned 10!!
Mum to Crown Prince......

mcmich

« Reply #11233 on: January 16, 2014, 07:29:13 pm »
My DS at 24 is still very hard on his shoes, it doesn't seem to matter how much money you spend on shoes either. The $15.00 sneakers from Lowes last the same amount of time as the $160.00 pair from Foot Locker.
The only good thing is that he pays for his own now and it's amazing how brand names don't seem to mean as much when the money is coming out of his wallet.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11234 on: January 16, 2014, 07:34:32 pm »
My DS at almost 14 has the biggest feet in our house - he loves it. He's very hard on his school shoes but has been growing out of them each term, hoping his growth slows a little this year. DS has always loved shoes from the moment he started wearing them and it's one of the things we argue most about purchasing. If ever we loose him in a shopping centre, whether at home or overseas, the first place we look is the shoe stores, we normally find him with a tower of shoe boxes he is trying on. The assistants are always very friendly until they realise we have no intention of buying them. He spends most of his birthday and Christmas money purchasing shoes - a bit weird for a 14 year old boy we think  ;D