Author Topic: Chelsea's Muesli Slice  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Chelsea's Muesli Slice
« on: July 07, 2013, 11:29:03 am »
Ingredients:

80g dried apricots
75g dried apples
110g butter
70g rapadura
50g organic honey
90g organic rolled oats
45g shredded coconut
85g white spelt flour or 75g plain wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
80g organic sultanas or sweetened cranberries

Method:
Preheat oven to moderate (180 or 160 fan forced) and line a 20x30cm lamington tray with baking paper.

Place dried apricots and apples into TMX bowl and chop for 10 seconds on speed 5 or until fine. Set aside.

Combine butter, rapadura and honey in TMX bowl and heat for 1 minute, 100 degrees, speed 3.

Add all remaining ingredients (including the chopped apricot and apple) and mix on reverse speed 3 for 15 seconds or until well combined.

Press mixture into prepared pan and smooth with the back of a spoon.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan, before lifting out and slicing into squares or bars.

Enjoy!

Notes:
If you can't lay your hands on rapadura, raw sugar will be fine.

Keep an eye out for healthier options when buying dried fruit. Look for sultanas that are free from harmful vegetable oil. They will look a slighty chalky instead of shiny. Clyne's Organic sultanas are very yummy and are sold at Coles. Also look for dried apricots that have been dried naturally without the use of sulphur dioxide (220) that preserves the colour. They are darker in colour (some are almost black) but the flavours are beautiful. I buy my organic dried apricots from my local health food store.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea's Muesli Slice
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 08:29:42 am »
We love this too. A reminder to make it again.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/