Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8926935 times)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1440 on: September 03, 2009, 01:49:25 pm »
WELL DONE BRON!!!!  :-* :-* :-* ;)   

Well, no cooking today at home - BUT..... had the Raw, Dairy Free Chocolate Class in Melbourne today - and I'm in heaven!!! And it's good for you!!!!        ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

When I get a chance I'll post what I have on the forum. I'm exhausted so off to bed....

I can't wait to see what you learnt - I'm so jealous!!!  Yum yum, please post it all soon!  ;D

Finally - it's been posted!  :o :o  ;D Under Special Diets - Enjoy!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: September 05, 2009, 01:44:03 am »
I just bought a box of very ripe Roma tomatoes for only $5 so I am making tomato sauce, tomato relish, Arrabiatta Sauce. I am about half way through the box so I might make a Bloody Mary with fresh tomatoes  :-)) even though it is only 0930. Such hard work------NOT!
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 05, 2009, 02:06:23 am »
Mum & Dad used to have a glut of tomatoes (even after they supplied their family and neighbours with plenty) so they used to just freeze the whole tomato (the Romas) for later.  Quite suitable for cooking up sauces etc.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: September 05, 2009, 02:58:03 am »
Yesterday I made the profiteroles from the EDC book and also the lemon patisserie custard for the filling.   Didn't turn out too bad for a first time.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 05, 2009, 03:02:15 am »
Did you follow that recipe to a T JulieO?  Mine looked good when they came out of the oven but went all flat and soft very quickly, not like my sister-in-law's whose stay firm for days (not using the TMX recipe).  There has been some discussion on the puff recipe, maybe you followed some of the advice there.  Just love your photos BTW.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: September 05, 2009, 03:09:08 am »
Yummo Julie! That looks great!!

JD - I do remember reading something about them going flat in one of my cookbooks - will try to remember where and look it up for you.

I've got "tanana" (aka sultana) steamed bread and a loaf of the 5 seed loaf on the go, then some rice and almond milk.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 05, 2009, 03:11:26 am »
Thanks Judy. Ahh, mine were softer than when I've made them before (not using TM), but I thought that was because it was my first time and I may have over mixed or something.  I did a search for profiteroles, but nothing came up so I didn't see the discussion you are talking about.  Will try to find it and have a read because if the recipe can be perfected it would be great.  :)

Thanks ILB, your post came up as I was posting this.  Would love any tips you can find.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 03:13:04 am by JulieO »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 05, 2009, 03:18:43 am »
I made a start on Fathers' Day lunch by preparing the meat base for the meat lovers pizza and made the filling for JulioO's beef enchiladas. That's the first time I've used the TMX in a week, apart from steaming some vegies on Thursday - eating leftovers, eating out. At this rate it is going to take me forever to clear my freezer out but the good news is that I haven't ADDED anything to the freezer either.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 05, 2009, 03:25:07 am »
Thanks Judy. Ahh, mine were softer than when I've made them before (not using TM), but I thought that was because it was my first time and I may have over mixed or something.  I did a search for profiteroles, but nothing came up so I didn't see the discussion you are talking about.  Will try to find it and have a read because if the recipe can be perfected it would be great.  :)

Thanks ILB, your post came up as I was posting this.  Would love any tips you can find.  ;D
Found the discussion JulieO

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=620.0

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1449 on: September 05, 2009, 04:54:27 am »
Thanks JD - knew that I had cooked th GF profiteroles for a reason.

They worked (maybe not as good as JulieO's - WELL DONE) but I added the eggs while the mix was still warm and cooked them longer than the recipe may have said - just until they had browned, firmed and looked right.

They are easy to make if you know how they should look at the different stages of preparation.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: September 05, 2009, 09:10:10 am »
I made Judy's/Trudy's tuna dish last night and have some strawberry jam on at the moment. Pizza bases will be done then.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #1451 on: September 05, 2009, 10:43:47 am »
today was a big one (well, this afternoon, i had to shop for supplies this morning ;))

made a chocolate cake (forgot the baking powder :( it's for dh for fathers day so not quite sure what to do with it to get away with it lol)
made a double batch of megan-jane's pattycakes for the birthday tomorrow (well, to take to preschool on monday, and for the afternoon tea on monday)
made a fruit cake for my dad for fathers day (non tmx that one)
turned last week's disaster cakes into truffles ;)
made about a kilo of baking powder and about 4 kg of GF flour

and am now making the tomato and lentil dahl from the vegie cookbook

hoping to make strawberry foam if the strawbs are frozen enough!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: September 05, 2009, 10:54:05 am »
Did you follow that recipe to a T JulieO?  Mine looked good when they came out of the oven but went all flat and soft very quickly, not like my sister-in-law's whose stay firm for days (not using the TMX recipe).  There has been some discussion on the puff recipe, maybe you followed some of the advice there.  Just love your photos BTW.

Hi Judy,
All I can find at the moment is the recipe without any details on troubleshooting for floppy profiteroles... but the recipe here does say that the mixture needs to be thick enough for a wooden spoon to stand up in it (keep beating until it is thick enough). Also as soon as the profiteroles are ready to come out of the oven, remove and make a small hole in the base of each one and return to the oven  for 5 mins to dry out.
Hope that helps. Haven't checked the other topics relating to this yet.
 :-*

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: September 05, 2009, 11:01:12 am »
Thanks ILB, will try the wooden-spoon-in-the-dough trick next time and I'll cook them for longer too.  Better too much cooking than not enough.   :-* :-* :-*

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: September 05, 2009, 12:49:09 pm »
Made the vegetable curry out of the Full Steam Ahead book.  Really enjoyed this, was just the right amount of everything, no one thing dominated the flavour.  I like how the recipe had the weight amount of each vegetable to add which I found beneficial. Was great served with crusty bread. :)

Thanks for the link to the profiteroles too Judy.   :)

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:50:44 pm by JulieO »