Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4477998 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9990 on: September 15, 2013, 12:41:35 am »
Thanks Gert. Yes I completely agree. I already knew that this click (of a mother's group) often catch up without the others. And also understand there are natural tendencies to bond with some people and not others etc etc,  it's the lying that I'm really disappointed about... Much rather hit the shops than the bottle though Judy :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: September 15, 2013, 12:42:13 am »
I think we did it (well tapatalk is now on a new page)!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #9992 on: September 15, 2013, 01:21:48 am »
Yes we are at page 667, go CP  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: September 15, 2013, 01:38:45 am »
Thank goodness for that Judy!

Waiting CP.........
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: September 15, 2013, 02:12:56 am »
Jamberie, hugs for you...women can be so nasty sometimes!
I quit mothers group/play group when  DD was little, as I detest clicks, and unfortunately a small town has them  :-))  Primary school not much better so I gladly repel them and don't follow the flock  ;)

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: September 15, 2013, 03:11:41 am »
Thanks Maddy :) yes,  I'm not looking forward to school clicks either. Hopefully I can be strong and set an example for DD so that she can be strong and make confident choices etc. Meamwhile, might do some more retail therapy... Wheel & Barrow calls :D:D:D

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: September 15, 2013, 05:08:58 am »
I was wondering what was meant by women's clicks and school clicks 
Cliques  - now I get it !! :)

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: September 15, 2013, 05:10:10 am »
Bought some Kagi jewelry online - its made in NZ if you are not familiar with it.  ALso picked up ring from jewellers which has been polished  so it looks new again.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: September 15, 2013, 05:11:12 am »
Oh and also returned the Super  elite X5 Steam mop to Danoz direct for the 30 day money back guarantee, decided by day 2 It wasn't for me!

*suzanne*

« Reply #9999 on: September 15, 2013, 06:57:03 am »
jamborie karma will come for those ladies lying they have sick children is so very wrong, I too left my mothers group after realising how nasty some women can be.
Back to shopping another VS order ::) and some clothes for Lily,  oh and last week a new desktop computer for the kids

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: September 15, 2013, 08:37:48 am »
Huge hugs Jamberie.

This week I bought a set of door handles and locks, and looked at carpets and flooring. Reduced the quote by slightly changing spec of carpets from 50 oz to 42 oz in the bedrooms. 80/20 wool carpets. Used an offcut for DS bedroom in neutral instead of matching the other rooms. His room can also manage with existing curtains for a while. They will need to be changed eventually as no try cheerful.
Finished the kitchen design, and chose curtain materials.
We are totally stuck on one room - 3 large windows and French doors. More windows than walls, we don't want to be overwhelmed by a pattern and yet it needs warming and cheering......  We have been to 3 places now and searched so many books and samples.

mcmich

« Reply #10001 on: September 15, 2013, 08:41:51 am »
Thanks Gert. Yes I completely agree. I already knew that this click (of a mother's group) often catch up without the others. And also understand there are natural tendencies to bond with some people and not others etc etc,  it's the lying that I'm really disappointed about... Much rather hit the shops than the bottle though Judy :)

That is so nasty Jamberie. I would find another group. I hear this with the mothers I work with even at swimming and gymnastics groups too. Obviously way too much time on their hands. Really, why waste your time excluding other mums and being horrid? Not a good example for the kids. Big hug for you  :-*

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: September 15, 2013, 09:35:27 am »
Big hugs Jamberie :-* :-* Not a very nice day for you.Retail therapy is just what you needed. ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: September 15, 2013, 11:54:38 am »
Hugs from me too Jam. Not nice but retail therapy is :)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: September 15, 2013, 12:03:15 pm »
Sorry to hear that Jam - Life is too short to waste time with people like that, but it's hurtful all the same  >:(
Glad to hear you enjoyed your shopping trip instead
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous