Author Topic: Review Whole Chinese chop chicken with chilli ginger sauce - Quirky Cooking pg 113  (Read 6905 times)

Offline kmw

• View Profile
Finally got to make my first recipe from the new Quirky Cooking book & decided to give the whole Chinese chicken a go seeing roast chicken was the plan for tonight.

Both DH & I loved it and found it a nice change to roast chicken. It's the first time I tried a whole chicken in TM & it cooked beautifully.

I didn't do the rice as when I went to get it from the pantry I realised I had none. So went with the veggies as noodles instead. If you were feeding a family you would need the rice but for 2 of us it was plenty.

The chilli ginger sauce rounds of the meal. I put a teaspoon of dried chilli flakes in (as I didn't have fresh) it the chilli flavour was mild & suited me.

We have enough chicken for DH lunch tomorrow, frozen 2 servings of the sauce, 600 ml stock left & veggies used in the stock ... so definitely get a lot out of it.

On the list to make again and great alternative to roast chicken.
Linked CC
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 10:29:21 am by Cornish Cream »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It looks lovely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Looks lovely and moist kmw.  :)

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
This looks excellent.
Your veggies look great.
How did you prepare your carrot?
It looks delicate and nice.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
Thanks everyone.  I forgot to say I had a small chicken hence why we ate most of it for dinner.

I did the carrots with a spiral slicer, sometimes I just peel them with a veggie peeler to get thin strips.

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
Thanks kmw I must get my spiral slicer out and use it!

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Looks great, thanks for the review! Glad you liked it :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
Thanks 😄 ... also for the recipe & book

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
Made this for dinner tonight and all enjoyed it. I have never steamed a chicken like this before - was lovely and very easy to do.  I loved the fact that I had a beautiful stock at the end as well ( I used it to make the Lemon Chicken soup - my favourite at the moment). My husband in particular loved the sauce. Will make again.