Author Topic: MC Splintering  (Read 15238 times)

Offline kmw

• View Profile
MC Splintering
« on: August 24, 2013, 11:42:38 am »
I got my TM early May this year and after about the second use the MC started to splintered ending up like the picture.  I finally got around to contacting my consultant this week (as I didn't want to bother her as she had a baby not long after I received it) and she replaced it today as apparently they have had a faulty batch go through.  So if this happens to you contact your consultant to get it replaced.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MC Splintering
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 12:06:18 pm »
Thanks for sharing that with us Kerry.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 01:53:43 am »
My second MC is crazing now. Hopefully the bad batch is gone soon.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 05:53:15 am »
I only found this out a couple of weeks ago ... after I threw it out cause it split in half  :o :o
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 10:59:17 am »
Mine split in half horizontally around the ridge, after a few too many bounces.    :D

It was a clean break, so I managed to superglue it back together.
Beauty is only fur deep.....

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 09:55:12 pm »
Faffa, can your rep order you a new one, or maybe if you contacted service yourself. I sent a photo for my first replacement but haven't been asked to this time so far.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 11:32:15 pm »
Mine split in half horizontally around the ridge, after a few too many bounces.    :D

It was a clean break, so I managed to superglue it back together.

That is exactly what mine did Sue, though it did have all the crazy cracking through it.

I should contact HO Thermesa ... laziness on my part really as I had a few spare from when I was consulting so just dragged out another  :-)) :-))
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Doranne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 06:27:08 pm »
Hi!!

I came across your post and this happened to me too!! I admit that I have dropped it once on the floor and was mortified, nearly in tears as I only got my Thermie around mid July! I do not know what caused this, do you think , like you, it came from a faulty batch or do you think it is because I dropped it? Should I call my consultant to replace it?, Would it be under guarantee??

Thanks for your help!!!

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 09:41:56 pm »
It's a known fault of MCs dispatched around that time. I must follow up on my second replacement.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 10:39:41 pm »
My first one is totally crazed and has been dropped  multiple times but  it is  nearly 4 years old. It still works fine. I keep it for every day and messy stuff and use my spare jug and MC for "clean" cooking. I also have a spare MC but I can't remember where I put it.

Unless it splits completely I see  no reason not to keep and use it for those bubbly splattering things like jam or tomato sauce.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Doranne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 10:16:50 am »
Hi Gert

Thanks for your reply!! Now I know it happens to others too and as it is not broken, I can still use it!! Again, thanks a mil!

Love Doranne xxx

Offline Ekusumo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 11:11:55 am »
My Thermomix is only 2 months old and my MC already has knicks here and there. I was surprised because I noticed it suddenly one day. This made me think that it might been caused by one particular use? Either way, it's still usable but if after 2 months I'm already seeing knicks, I can't imagine what will happen to it in few years time!

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 11:44:58 am »
This is a known problem in Australia from earlier this year and there will be no problem at all if you all contact your consultant and request a new one.  Somehow or other a "bad batch" was delivered.  Speak up and get a new one.  You do not have to justify in great detail - just contact your consultant and get the service you are entitled to.  :)
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 11:50:03 am »
Ours was still usable, it was more that it happen so quickly & why I contacted my consultant who replaced it very quickly.

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 11:42:04 am »
Rather than dispatching individual MC replacements from HO they are now sending batches of 10 non defective MCs to consultants/group leaders for more local distribution. Seems a more practical plan. Looking forward to a pristine MC.