Author Topic: Spatula  (Read 4975 times)

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
Spatula
« on: June 21, 2012, 02:12:14 pm »
As a new owner I am wondering if I am using the spatula the right way. I have only used the TMX a couple of times and the Spatula is looking a bit chewed!  I hope the little bits of plastic are not in my food?  I don't think it helps that I am left handed.  Any tips on this one? Any left handlers also find the spatula awkward or getting mashed up?

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Re: Spatula
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 02:32:19 pm »
Hi Greyhoundmum.  I was pretty excited earlier this year when a left-handed lady remarked to me at a demonstration that she found the spatula easy to use.  I shared that on the forum but got howled down by my left-handed colleagues:

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=9031.0

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 03:25:39 pm »
I have a supply of inexpensive Ikea silicon spatulas that I will use instead as I don't want to ruin my TM spatula so soon!  I guess we are all individual.  Any other newbies with a chewed up spatula?!!

stacelee

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 11:44:02 pm »
I actually don't use the TM spatula unless I'm using it while the machine is running.  I have several spoon style spatulas and a few narrow Rubbermaid spatulas that I use constantly.  I am left handed but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.  The other spatulas just work better for me.

Offline AliRo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 12:13:20 am »
yeah, mine has a few nicks in it, I would say it's quite normal.  (FTR, I'm right handed)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 12:23:56 am »
I've got both the TMX and Helen's spatula but find they both have their shortcomings. I always reach for a cheap silicon one I bought in a pack of three at Aldi. If I'm wanting to use one while TMX is running I always use the official TMX one.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 03:06:54 am »
We would all have nicks in our TMX spatula GHM and like the other girls, I only use it if I have to stir something whilst the machine is running.  Any silicon spatula is far better to remove food from the bowl, whether it be this one Helene sells on her blog or one from a kitchen shop. I have 9 different spatulas and at times they are all in the dishwasher :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Swanscook

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 12:40:18 pm »
 I use other spatulas unless I have to stir while the TM is running. So my spatula was in good condition.
Then I had a Varoma demo and the demonstrator destroyed it! It was completely wrecked. I don't know
what he did. I told him and asked for a new one which he provided for free.
For every day use I like Helene's spatulas the best. I have one for savoury and one for sweet stuff.
The savoury one already has a few nicks even though I am very careful (but I am left-handed). I think it is inevitable
and not worth worrying about (same as the smell in the lid). I just bought ten of them to last me for quite a while, although
I did give my daughter two of them.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 02:45:47 am »
I'm left handed and only use the spatula when I'm cooking in the TMX and I need to stir while the machine is going. I have a heap of narrow spatulas that I use and love . I love Helene's too and even that is getting a few nicks. I think it is part of TMXing.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/