Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037351 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12825 on: January 29, 2014, 10:55:45 pm »
Hally how do you manage to do that please? Ours goes up every year.  :'(. Our insurance company has just sold itself so we will shop around. We had everything with Westsure.

Most ins companies will price match, shop around, get quote numbers. We have all our policies with 1 company so they  are good at matching.

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12826 on: January 29, 2014, 10:57:28 pm »
Nice photo, class sounded great :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12827 on: January 29, 2014, 11:14:41 pm »
I've added the names to the photo DJ.

Glad to hear the boys had a great first day at school and the big hugs at the end of the day proved they missed their Mum.  There will be plenty more of those.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #12828 on: January 30, 2014, 12:17:29 am »
Well done Kimmyh - a big day when they start school.  My oldest starts school and my youngest starts kindy next Monday - not sure that I can be as strong as Kim and not cry  :-\

The cooking class with Nico was fabulous.  I am hoping to try out a couple of the recipes at home this weekend.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12829 on: January 30, 2014, 12:50:13 am »
Kimmy, they will always need you  :)

Glad the class was a success ladies and thank you for a lovely photo.  Congratulations Trudy for winning the door prize. 

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #12830 on: January 30, 2014, 01:04:10 am »
Good luck next week Karen, such a big week.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #12831 on: January 30, 2014, 01:08:32 am »
Well I survived....and no tears! DS6 had a great first day in grade 1 and DS5 loved his first day in prep. That's it, I've sent them off into the big wide world. They don't think they need me anymore. But I did get big cuddles when they got home 😉

Kimmyh,
My baby started prep yesterday ...... I feel sooo lost without him. I'm feeling it more today too because my DH is also at work today.  He's soooo excited about school though, he thinks he's a big kid now like his 2 brothers.

Last week I said to him, I'm going to cry when you go to school because you're my baby. His response was don't cry Mummy you have to be brave, I won't cry. awwwwww.  I didn't cry but boy do I miss my cheeky little monkey.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12832 on: January 30, 2014, 02:52:21 am »
Just had an OMG moment.

Miss 17 gave Miss 12 $50 and said "Come on, get in my car, we are going shopping"  :o :o

Both of them have left with huge grins on their faces  ;D

Rang hubby and told him and he told me to "please turn the sitcom off that you are watching and go easy on the booze love, it is a bit early in the day" !!

:D :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12833 on: January 30, 2014, 04:26:21 am »
a funny comment by DH Nikkit  :D homelife is very harmonious when siblings get along

lovely photo girls, and congrats to Trudy for being a prizewinner. I wish we could buy those 1 litre thermoservers separately.

Your class reminds me that I should organise the Nico class that I talked about last year...
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12834 on: January 30, 2014, 04:46:59 am »
Had another OMG moment...

Miss 17 and Miss 12 back down the driveway, both very very sad. Miss 17 in tears. She'd messed up her roster and was actually meant to be working today  :( (they rang her - where are you?)

So Miss 12 is "bummed" for her sister, Miss 17 is cross at herself for messing up and has gone to work, and I'm keeping real quiet in the background.

Will double check rosters for tomorrow and lets hope they can do a "take 2" and head off shopping tomorrow.

Might resort to that sitcom and booze after all....

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #12835 on: January 30, 2014, 05:10:01 am »
Glad yours are getting on at the moment Nikkit, mine are fighting like cats and dogs - I can't stand for them to both be home together and yesterday resorted to going into the office to get away from them.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12836 on: January 30, 2014, 05:15:07 am »
Oh Nikkit, poor Miss 17. Miss 12 would have been upset at missing out on the shopping expedition.

Ladies I knew you would enjoy the Nico class. I went to one of his many years ago when Tenina was still at HO.
Yes please CP. I will have a look at his classes and would love to go.

Thanks Hally. We have all our insurances with one company. 4 cars, van, boat, house, contents etc. they have just sold the insurance part of the company so will be looking round.

Ladies you will stop feeling as if you have lost your right arm soon. I can still remember the lost feeling of DD going to school. Be brave, but it is ok to cry if you get dust in your eye on the way to the car and driving home.  :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #12837 on: January 30, 2014, 05:36:33 am »
Kimmy, as much as they will always need you, it's hard letting go.

I'm feeling it today - DS turned 24. His fiancée took a black forest cake into work and is making his birthday dinner for him tonight. As it should be. His fiancée did ask me for the quantities for cheese sauce. We celebrated on Australia Day.
Very glad he is engaged to a delightful lass that loves him.  :)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #12838 on: January 30, 2014, 05:40:01 am »
Thanks for putting up the pic Katie.  Had a great night and was so surprised to win the door prize - never win anything!!!!!!!!  It must be my lucky week as today I went out to lunch with some friends and was given a calender.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12839 on: January 30, 2014, 06:03:42 am »
Love it Nikkit, they can have fun shopping... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url