Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7861592 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38670 on: April 10, 2020, 02:44:03 am »
Brunch in my compound!!

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38671 on: April 10, 2020, 02:46:14 am »
Why oh why does my photo turn sideways?? Oh well, deep fried Nanigai  with Thai style chilli sauce, herbal salad and cashews. Perfect for Good Friday.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38672 on: April 10, 2020, 06:59:23 am »
Sounds and looks delicious, Gert.  How are you going?  Bet you are doing lots of reading.
Decided to have Brioche buns with fish and coleslaw.  The amount of butter and eggs is a bit frightening. Also gave myself a talking to and said get going and make some Hot X Buns.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38673 on: April 10, 2020, 08:14:33 am »
Your brunch looks delicious Gert.  Chookie I’m sure the flu needle can play havoc with any readings, it mucks up my BS readings.
After reading your post about speaking with your son about what to do if you catch the virus I discussed it with DD and DH. I think it is very important. I found it hard to do, but sensible. DH kept being silly-so I told DD to do the same for him. 😀😀😀😀😀
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38674 on: April 11, 2020, 12:01:09 am »
Cookie, glad you did that.  It is best to be prepared.  Now you can get on with your life. We are lucky in that DS and DD work well together and know where our wills are.
The number of shops now offering to deliver free is amazing.  Istra, where we get our Xmas hams , as well as delivering, are offering 20% off.
It is quite cool here. Good weather for cooking and gardening.
Lots of people on our country road, walking, pushing prams and riding bikes.  Things have changed so quickly it is hard to get your mind around. 
DS in Melbourne said that the bike path near him is so busy that it is hard to keep the social distancing.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38675 on: April 11, 2020, 07:52:46 am »
It got to 39.2 here today. Phew! Thank goodness for the air con.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
« Reply #38676 on: April 11, 2020, 12:54:00 pm »
Hi Ladies I was doing some tidy up of bookmarks & saw the forum link. 

Hope you are all well.

To my surprise my computer remembered my password as I thought last time I couldn't get in.  Like everyone we are spending a lot of time at home but we are actually get more exercise in with plenty of walks and bike rides which is a bonus.  We have plans to make hot cross buns this weekend but maybe Monday as tomorrow I think chocolate Easter Eggs will win.  Talking of which I have to go and make sure Easter Bunny is ready for tomorrow morning hunt plus he apparently has to respond to the letter left for him ;)

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38677 on: April 12, 2020, 12:42:00 am »
Kerry, it is nice to hear from you.  How is your lovely daughter? Hope she is enjoying Easter.
Yesterday did the Hot X Bun drop.  Feel a bit guilty as I only made one lot of 15.  Think I might make more today.  They really are quite easy.
It is cool again today. 

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38678 on: April 12, 2020, 01:02:04 am »
This was sent to me by one of our neighbours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38679 on: April 12, 2020, 02:00:20 am »
Hi Kerry, it’s amazing what we find when we have time to sort every cupboard, shelf and drawer in our homes. Thanks for popping in, enjoy making DD’s Easter very special.
What a lovely response to your drop off Chookie, you might have to go into production next year if you receive too many notes like that.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38680 on: April 12, 2020, 07:33:25 am »
Hi Kerry, your DD must be getting quite grown up now.
Chookie what a lovely message.
Well we survived yesterday's heat, that got to 40. Chookie it is unusual to have such high heat in April. It was the hottest April day for 13? years. Overcast and humid today.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38681 on: April 12, 2020, 08:38:30 am »
I’ve been keeping my eye on your hot weather cookie and hoping it doesn’t find its way over here.  Perth has so many more really hot days than we do these days.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38682 on: April 12, 2020, 11:43:40 pm »
Cookie, we have been thinking of you and your very hot weather. When we look at the weather forecast at night, we both say together, poor Cookie ! It is hard for us to imagine when it has been quite cold here. I have had to resort to a warm water bath to get the bread moving. 
Yesterday one of our neighbours gave us some chocolate brownies she had made. Very nice.  Lots of chocolate on top.  :)
So we are in for another month of lock down. I think they are going to do this month by month for quite some time. Thinking about this , I put an order in to Woolworths for some things we were missing.  Peanuts and Ginger cordial for Ral, and  puff pastry for my cooking.
Hope everyone is coping.  Life is very strange.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38683 on: April 12, 2020, 11:58:37 pm »
Life is strange Chookie at the moment. You are both doing an amazing job self isolating. I would be happy to just be here , but with farming it’s just going to get busier. Although we are short on a lot of the basics like chemicals for the sprayer and just got our fertiliser for cropping, but others are not so lucky .
Coping is not what I am doing ,but I would say just managing is an honest reality . But I think all in all we are so lucky to have each other and are blessed to be able to be together in so many new ways , with our family and everyone.

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38684 on: April 13, 2020, 12:44:06 am »
K Atie you are managing remarkably well. The farm is a more than full time job without this virus trouble complicating things. You also have a husband / farmer out of action and a DD doing year 12.  You sound remarkably sane to me.  Make some time for yourself.
Yes, we are coping well. Bit of a blip with Ral’s platelets.  We wish we could do more for others as we feel  others aren’t as fortunate to have the space, fresh air, and company . We also don’t have to worry about our employment. We are also fortunate to have good family, friends and neighbours.
Can’t help thinking of the people locked in hotel rooms for 2 weeks without even to chance to cook, and even people in high rise small flats with little chance of fresh air and outside gardens. 
We don’t mind bing locked down if it keeps other alive.