Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036288 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1725 on: August 07, 2012, 08:15:11 am »
Thanks everyone, we are a very sad house today, DS, DD and myself all on the couch under Dona's alternating between being hot and cold. We all have big days tomorrow so can't afford to be this sick for long.

jakodai

« Reply #1726 on: August 07, 2012, 01:29:21 pm »
She is pretty amazing - I kind of feel for the people who had her before us. I hate that they 'dumped' her, but she's always been so amazing, affectionate and caring that things must have been really tight for them to do it. She's amazing with DS, too. She's now with DS's dad, so he doesn't get to see her all that much anymore, but when we used to get home she'd check him out to make sure that he was OK. She has always been very protective and caring of him. She's never happy unless she's touching you - if you're sitting on the couch, she's laying right next to you with her head on your lap.

It's an amazing program, and it helps save so many animal's lives. The people who ran it had found a little loophole for the dogs that had been there for a while. Before their time was up, they'd foster the dogs out for a few days and then when they came back it was like their time had started over again. Probably not by the book, but it gave the animals the best possible chance. I just loved being able to help out.

Jake, my Border Collie, also used to be a therapy dog through the Lort Smith's PALS program, and THAT was amazing. I was at a nursing home once and a dementia patient, who most of the nurses hadn't even heard talk patted Jake and then started talking about his dog. It still gives me goose bumps. I love it! There were also patients who used to follow me around the nursing home telling me that Jake shouldn't be inside...  :D  Jake loved visiting the nursing home, because they all gave him food! One of the nurses even made him a sandwich once!

I hope everyone's feeling better Wonder - it's horrible when everyone's sick.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: August 07, 2012, 01:55:57 pm »
I spent a very busy day at work. I filled in a few slack moments playing with the Google hurdler.

Then went for a good tempo run after work tonight. Now I am watching Supernatural with DW.

Mandi, DW and I always forget our anniversary. We usually remembe when a card from may mother arrives in the mail nad we wonder why she is sending us a card.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 07, 2012, 02:04:16 pm »
She is pretty amazing - I kind of feel for the people who had her before us. I hate that they 'dumped' her, but she's always been so amazing, affectionate and caring that things must have been really tight for them to do it. She's amazing with DS, too. She's now with DS's dad, so he doesn't get to see her all that much anymore, but when we used to get home she'd check him out to make sure that he was OK. She has always been very protective and caring of him. She's never happy unless she's touching you - if you're sitting on the couch, she's laying right next to you with her head on your lap.

It's an amazing program, and it helps save so many animal's lives. The people who ran it had found a little loophole for the dogs that had been there for a while. Before their time was up, they'd foster the dogs out for a few days and then when they came back it was like their time had started over again. Probably not by the book, but it gave the animals the best possible chance. I just loved being able to help out.

Jake, my Border Collie, also used to be a therapy dog through the Lort Smith's PALS program, and THAT was amazing. I was at a nursing home once and a dementia patient, who most of the nurses hadn't even heard talk patted Jake and then started talking about his dog. It still gives me goose bumps. I love it! There were also patients who used to follow me around the nursing home telling me that Jake shouldn't be inside...  :D  Jake loved visiting the nursing home, because they all gave him food! One of the nurses even made him a sandwich once!

I love dog stories Amanda, especially ones like yours :D Thank you so much for sharing!!

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: August 07, 2012, 02:29:59 pm »
 what was your best time dash
my  ds 12  came home from school ' try this mum'  it was the google hurdler
his best time 16.4 sec  my first time 46.3 after about 15 goes got down to 18.6

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: August 08, 2012, 06:39:26 am »
I think I manged about 15 sec but DW got down to 13.5.  Today I am playing Google basketball. Not doing too good, i will have to practice more.

*suzanne*

« Reply #1731 on: August 08, 2012, 07:14:13 am »
Cleaning  :-)) it's never ending in this house xx

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: August 08, 2012, 07:25:55 am »
On here
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 08, 2012, 07:28:42 am »
I had my PT session this morning, not very happy with it though :( My calves are very sore and I couldn't exercise as hard as I usually can. Typically my PT wanted to record all my scores today, so I have them all recorded in my diary but they're not a true reflection of my fitness level.
Not feeling good today anyway though. Just one of "those days" :(

mcmich

« Reply #1734 on: August 08, 2012, 07:40:04 am »
Sorry your having an off day DFD.
Work today, got bumped to another ward, a nice change for the day but I'm glad it's over as I was a bit out of my depth.
I'm going to work on wedding invitations tonight.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 08, 2012, 07:49:18 am »
Work today, got bumped to another ward, a nice change for the day but I'm glad it's over as I was a bit out of my depth.

You had such a lovely 5 days off. NOT!!
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 08, 2012, 07:54:04 am »

Wedding invitations?  Have I missed something?  I remember seeing your lovely wedding photo's, so I'm wondering who is getting married?  :)
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

• View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 08, 2012, 07:56:44 am »

You had such a lovely 5 days off. NOT!!

I was thinking the same thing!

mcmich

« Reply #1738 on: August 08, 2012, 08:01:16 am »
I will get a nice pay this fortnight, makes it worthwhile.

Card making started as a hobby for me, then I sent out invitations for birthdays, my daughters wedding etc, word got around and now it is a bit of a side line. The ones I'm doing now are for a lovely young nurse I work with getting married in December.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 08, 2012, 08:03:07 am »
Today I took my neice to pre-school with me and miss 3, went to MILs for lunch, then washing x 3 loads, dishes, tidying and vacuuming, - normal day-to-day stuff.... :)  Oh also have 3 girls bathed, tea cooking and the table set.  :)  And got TOTM which is a huge reminder I am no longer pregnant.  :'(  - at least I know my body is recovering and getting back to normal.  :)
:D