Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037006 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1275 on: July 23, 2012, 04:30:48 am »
Always get a second opinion.   Hope all goes well Jakodai. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 23, 2012, 04:34:14 am »
Hope the next days are better for you and your little man jakodai.  :)
:D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 23, 2012, 04:41:38 am »
Jackodai        I'm sending hugs to you. It is so hard to deal with. If and when you do 'lose' it you can just say 'oh I am so worried about ......." People understand Mums who are worried. Love to you all. :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 23, 2012, 05:08:57 am »
And we should all stop taking so many antibiotics ad let nature take it's course for minor stuff.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 23, 2012, 05:09:48 am »
Some GP's......

I went to a gp for 3 weeks, kept being given anti-biotics.

Went to another gp, sent me for MRI, saved my life, straight to emergency with 2 large blood clots in my brain.

:o wow Hally, that little voice inside you knows best I believe.......my EX GP was trying to treat me for depression with sleeping tablets and antidepressants for 4 months...fed up, I asked to see someone else...instead a student doctor detected a tumour....I had 3rd stage cancer!
......listen to that voice  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 23, 2012, 05:13:21 am »
I've had a lovely morning washing, washing and more washing after DH had plumbing problems last night.  Thank goodness it is a nice sunny day here.  Off soon to meet Trudy for lunch. 

The bonus is that everything is fresh again. Hope lunch went well.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 23, 2012, 06:57:09 am »
The weather here has been gorgeous for a change( although it doesn't look good for the opening of the Olympics  :P) Walked the dog accompanied by a friend this morning..I did more weeding in the garden this afternoon.Then walked the dog again. ;D

You must have a very fit dog CC ;D
He is Amy.He's called Chance and loves his walks ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #1282 on: July 23, 2012, 06:58:42 am »
Use the children's hospital . Work the system. Make friends with the  emergency staff and question everything  the doctors say and do. Be well informed . State your case with the minimum use of words.Stick to to relavent and current facts only.  Stay calm and don't appear to be emotional.  Believe me the doctors turn right off you if you go all mumsie. Just be calmly assertive.

Gertonsoapbox

Excellent advise by Gert Jakodai. As frustrating as it is and the lack of control you have stay calm, stick to the facts in a firm but pleasant manner.
If you start getting emotional, it will be you they consider medicating rather than your son.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 23, 2012, 08:13:27 am »
So much good advice on here jakodai.
Gert and mcmich are right.

Ooh hally, so glad you are all ok now. I had meningitis when my kids were very small. 10  days in hospital and bad headaches for a year after.

Sorry you are having troubles jakodai. Been there done that with very poorly little uns. Both had tonsills out when very young. Been a single mum too, with ill children and coped with 2 bad accidents too.

It passes though, I can look back and think what a lot we went through but we came through together, and still have good relationships maybe because of it. Maybe because we spent so much time together?
Hardly anyone has a scot free family life, and that is why there is compassion and help from others.

And as JD says it never really stops. Spent w/e house hunting with DD 24! Well room hunting actually as small budget. Her degree and job is so fab as she was very very ill for while, but totally fine now.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 23, 2012, 08:29:16 am »
Some GP's......

I went to a gp for 3 weeks, kept being given anti-biotics.

Went to another gp, sent me for MRI, saved my life, straight to emergency with 2 large blood clots in my brain.

:o wow Hally, that little voice inside you knows best I believe.......my EX GP was trying to treat me for depression with sleeping tablets and antidepressants for 4 months...fed up, I asked to see someone else...instead a student doctor detected a tumour....I had 3rd stage cancer!
......listen to that voice  ;)

All these stories make me very angry with doctors >:( My step-dad went to three doctors when he was having dizzy spells before one of them did a CT and found a brain tumour. Luckily his wasn't cancer like yours Maddy, but it was still very traumatic for all us of when he had brain surgery to have it removed!
Is it just because doctors think they know it all? Or can they just not be bothered to investigate our concerns properly?!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 23, 2012, 09:07:10 am »
Shocking soe of then in & out.

The GP that was really good, said Dr.s dont listen to their patients.

Maddy, not good either.
Amy, your step dad not good either.

Thank goodess we double check everything.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 23, 2012, 09:10:53 am »
Thank goodess we double check everything.

:)

And triple-checking, if necessary ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 23, 2012, 09:12:39 am »
It's nice to see so many survivors on here  :-* :-*

Trudy and I had a lovely catch up - she is looking really well after her big European holiday and subsequent illness once she got home.  How the time flies when you are enjoying a nice meal and a good old chat  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 23, 2012, 09:13:39 am »
Glad you had a nice time JD.

I have heard of Trudy, is she on here much?

H
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 23, 2012, 09:21:12 am »
Trudy has been around since late 2008 Hally and along with Amanda, us three were the first South Australians to get together in town for a meet and greet over coffee/lunch.  After having been away for a long holiday, she is having trouble catching up with postings as you could imagine.  She has posted some lovely cake/muffin/biscuit recipe on the forum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.