Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036719 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1245 on: July 22, 2012, 04:37:17 am »
Someone remind why I hold parties ???

Because you're a gorgeous social butterfly Hally :D

Amy bad news about the fire near you.. :-*

:-*Just done the weekly grocery shop, and now about to start cooking for the afternoon.. ;D

Yes, it was horrible :'( We heard more news today but it is very sad so I won't post it :(

Enjoy your cooking Robyn :D

This morning I went for a bike ride down on a path by the beach. It was lovely and sunny and I saw a baby bandicoot :D
And I also saw a man peeing in the bushes :o :-X

*suzanne*

« Reply #1246 on: July 22, 2012, 05:32:10 am »
Ah the things you see when your exercising Amy  :)

I made piklets for breakfast, a vanilla slice for afternoon tea at my mums, vacuumed, all the washing is done and now I am going to mop, then make a dip and wait for DH to get home from his weekend away with his mates oh and I can't wait for tonight so we can watch the F1  ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 22, 2012, 06:46:41 am »
Amy, not good about the man in the bushes :o :o :o

Hally, you do parties because your a wonderful Lady, a great cook, wife, mother to CP, mother to EB, and very special.
Well that's what I think...

we all do crazy things, then wonder why,  then do it again next year.... :-)) :-))
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 22, 2012, 06:53:51 am »
Hally, if you weren't feeling ill, you would be on top of the world today having your house full of friends, kids and food.  Illness just takes the shine off it and makes it more of a chore.  Christmas in July is right in the middle of flu season so the odds are stacked against us all that everyone in the household will be fit and well when we organise these things in advance. I do hope you get through the day OK and everyone helps you clean up the mess afterwards  ;)  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 22, 2012, 08:04:29 am »
Weather forecast was good for this weekend so decided to go for a drive & a long lunch in the Yarra Valley, stopping at a playground on the way to get kids' appetites going. Unfortunately sun wasn't shining in the valley but was still good to get out of the city. Now relaxing & thinking what to do for dinner, if we can face it!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 22, 2012, 10:42:05 am »
I went for a long run this morning. On one of the gravel roads I regularly run I saw a ewe with twin lambs on the wrong side of the fence. They ran about 3kms trying to keep away from me.

Also did a little ironing and some painting. Cooked Pizza for lunch for DD and her friends.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 22, 2012, 10:49:21 am »
We've had a leisurely day with SIL visiting and being given some initial instructions as to where everything is when she comes to look after her brother whilst I'm on the retreat.  She sounds as if she is really looking forward to it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 22, 2012, 10:51:10 am »
I went for a long run this morning. On one of the gravel roads I regularly run I saw a ewe with twin lambs on the wrong side of the fence.

Dash, do you always run on hard surfaces?

jakodai

« Reply #1253 on: July 22, 2012, 11:22:06 am »
Wel, today has been a nightmare of a day for me. DS has been sick since Friday (I had to pick him up from daycare) and when we went to the dr on Friday, I was told that he had an unspecified viral infection which would clear itself up. Since then, he hasn't been eating because has a sore mouth, not really drinking, no wet nappies, throwing up and having to sleep with me because he's waking up constantly through the night (according to my fitbit, I woke up 10 times last night). So this morning I cracked it and took  him to the children's hospital. He has Scarlet Fever. And the moron GP we sore the other day didn't pick it up, even though the rash that he has is very typical of Scarlet Fever. So to say that I'm upset is an understatement. He's on strong antibiotics now so he should start to feel better and the rash should start to clear up soon. The poor little guy's nappy area is all red, so he gets quite agitated by that, but he's a tough little monkey so he's coping well. It's just me. The doctor we saw at the Children's mentioned that the waiting list for elective (don't even get me started on that!) surgeries is quite long because of the hospital move late last year, and they haven't caught up yet, so we have NO idea on when he's surgery is going to be. I understand these things take time, but the only timeline we've been given is '90 days is desirable' - I just want to know how long we'll be waiting, so I know how long the tunnel is with the light at the end of it. I'm starting to think that from now on when he gets an infection form his ear problems (the scarlet fever isn't from his ear problems, though) I'll go to the Children's Hospital emergency department and see their GP. The waiting time is about an hour, and at least the hospital will be aware of degree of his problems. The hospital has no idea how sick he gets from his ear problems, because it's all handled through a different doctor. I really don't like working the system, but it seems when you're nice and play by the rules, you don't get anywhere. But if you go in there and start carrying on and threatening and abusing people, you get everything you want/need.

Anyway... Because DS can't go to daycare tomorrow, and I HAVE to go to work because I've already postponed a couple of meetings twice due to mine & DS's health problems, DS is staying at his dad's house tonight so his parents can look after him. On the up side, I will get a full night's sleep tonight, which hasn't happened since Wednesday night, but I hate the fact that I won't see him now until tomorrow night. He does LOVE his grandparents, though, so I know he'll have a good day tomorrow. But still. I want him here with me. I think there'll be a few tears before bed tonight, because I'm already getting teary about it now. It just bothers me so much because he's always unwell, and he really deserves a break.

I'm just carrying on now, so I'm going to go and do the dishes now! Sorry for the essay, but it is nice to get that off my chest.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1254 on: July 22, 2012, 11:30:17 am »
Wow jakodai you really have had a bad few days. Your poor little DS must feel pretty miserable. I hope you don't have to wait to long before the op is scheduled :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

• View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 22, 2012, 11:33:46 am »
OMG Amanda that is terrible :( Poor DS, and poor you! Sending you both big hugs and kisses :-* :-*

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 22, 2012, 11:34:19 am »
So sorry to hear your troubles jakodai - you are doing the right thing, fight for your ds even if it means working the system. The poor little man has had more than his share, he deserves to feel better as soon as possible. I hope you can get some rest, you certainly deserve it. As a single parent myself I know how exhausting it can be, try to keep your strength up. Hugs to you & your ds.
Melbourne, inner north

jakodai

« Reply #1257 on: July 22, 2012, 11:35:55 am »
I just rang and spoke to him and he told me he wanted a cuddle. So now I'm REALLY fighting the tears. He never wants cuddles, so I know he's not well when he asks for one.

jakodai

« Reply #1258 on: July 22, 2012, 11:38:44 am »
Thanks everyone. I feel less alone when I share it with you guys, if that makes sense.

If I rang my parents I'd get lectured from my dad telling me that I need to complain more and kick up a stink, and from my mum telling me that it's the public health system and that other kids have it much worse that DS. I know all of that, but sometimes I just want to be angry about it.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 22, 2012, 11:39:32 am »
Dash, do you always run on hard surfaces?

Amy I run mostly on hard surfaces. Most races are run on hard surfaces. I do enjoy trail/cross country running but don't do it much.