Author Topic: Man Magnet Mushrooms  (Read 8314 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Man Magnet Mushrooms
« on: July 23, 2016, 11:24:31 pm »
Man Magnet Mushrooms

1 or 2 Portobello / Swiss Brown mushrooms, cut into c. 6 cm thick slices
1 Tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil
2 Tbsps (30 ml) tamari or soy sauce
1 Tbsp (15ml) liquid smoke
a little of your favourite sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup or rice syrup (optional)

Heat your oven to 175 C (fan forced).

Mix the oil, tamari/soy sauce, liquid smoke and natural sweetener in a snap lock bag or bowl.

Add the mushrooms to the marinade and give them a good, but gentle, shake (if you are using a bowl, every few minutes, flip them to make sure the liquid covers all the slices).  Leave to marinate for c. 10 minutes – or longer if you have time, shaking and flipping regularly.

Place the slices on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and heat for c. 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.

I do not claim to be the inventor of this recipe, I got it from a blog but, studpidly, did not note down the originator.  My apologies to the wonderful person who developed this.  I am grateful for your efforts!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Man Magnet Mushrooms
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 10:37:07 pm »
Marina, that looks terrific.
I have posted a similar recipe but the mushrooms are left raw. I will certainly try this.
I am still picking mushrooms from the compost. I let some grow very large,( size of Side plates) and dried them and made Mushroom powder mixed with a little flake salt in the TMX.  To use as a flavour booster. Cookie suggested the powder.