Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8926761 times)

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #840 on: June 13, 2009, 04:00:21 am »
TAPIOCA !!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #841 on: June 13, 2009, 04:06:17 am »
yummo

did you post a recipe previously? i have a pack and no idea what to do with it lol
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 13, 2009, 04:16:59 am »
I've seen it on his Recipeonrails site Karen.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #843 on: June 13, 2009, 04:26:26 am »
Probably nothing today, but yesterday I ground up walnuts for Fesenjan, a Persian dish of chicken cooked with walnuts and pomegranate molasses - just delicious!
Also chopped up loads of onions for the Fesenjan and a cheats cassoulet that I made at the same time.
We have enough food for a few days, now!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 13, 2009, 06:37:26 am »
Have you posted those recipes Amanda? Sound very interesting.

Today I cooked some potatoes for a rosti cake, made another batch of vegie soup & the rhubarb sauce. For lunch we had chicken with rhubarb sauce, steamed vegies and a slice of the potato rosti cake followed by ice-cream with rhubarb sauce. Have made comments about the rhubarb sauce under that topic and also a few more hints for the rosti cake too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 13, 2009, 01:17:18 pm »
We had Bron's minestrone, which was yummy. We also had a pasta dish and I did the pasta bit in the TMX. Next time will try doing it all, as it would have been easy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #846 on: June 13, 2009, 02:08:26 pm »
Tapioca recipe is HERE Karen..

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 13, 2009, 08:21:48 pm »
Made carrot and coriander soup from the Uk Fast & Easy cookbook - very nice.  Had it with the Full Steam Ahead varoma bread and salad from our garden & allotment.  Dessert was chocolate granita (which I've just posted in desserts).  All eaten outside, enjoying the sun.  Perfect.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 13, 2009, 11:57:05 pm »
thanks heaps UC :)

caroline, you show off! we have just had 3 days in a row of it not even making it to 5'c and being foggy and overcast, i don't really need to hear about your sunny garden dinner parties  >:( :D ;)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #849 on: June 14, 2009, 02:29:02 am »
.... allotment.   ......
That is something that I would love to have access to .. we only have a pocket handkerchief garden.  Where's the "jealous" emoticon ??
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #850 on: June 14, 2009, 04:18:36 am »
Made a Rosemary Onion Loaf today.  Boy did it make the kitchen smell great :)   You can find the recipe HERE   Lots of pictures to prove it was made in the TM  ;D

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 14, 2009, 04:22:18 am »
*drool*
My Cooking Blog

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #852 on: June 14, 2009, 12:49:00 pm »
Had a big day in the kitchen today as Hubby was doing jobs outside with two little helpers toddling behind.

I whipped up a banana cake (recipe from forum) and made some cream cheese icing to top it in the thermie (very good idea Thermomixer).  I used the icing recipe from the carrot cake in the Aus basic cookbook.  What a great combination.

I then had a go at making puff pastry for the first time.  Very good fun!  I was amazed at how well it turned out.  I don't know why I ever doubt my themie.  Anyhow I made some pastie filling in the thermie (minced meat with lots of grated veg, curry powder, salt & pepper etc) and made some mini pasties.  I had so much of the filling left in my tmx bowl at the end that I added some water and relish and turned it into a savoury mince (thickening it with flour).  I then had just enought time to cook up some mashed potato to top my savoury mince for tomorrow nights tea - shepherd's pie (too easy).

The pasties were a big hit at tea time and I had great delight in telling my hubby that everything on the table was made in the thermie - dinner rolls, butter, pasties, tomato sauce, lemon cordial and banana icecream (with grated chocolate sprinkled over it - yum) for dessert.  If only it were Sunday everyday!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 14, 2009, 01:07:42 pm »
tonight i made a chicken korma - the chicken was cooked perfectly (at last, yay!!!) the sauce needs some modification though, even though it was very nice.

was a non-cooking day otherwise
My Cooking Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #854 on: June 14, 2009, 02:00:33 pm »
Had a big day in the kitchen today as Hubby was doing jobs outside with two little helpers toddling behind.

Understatement !!

I whipped up a banana cake (recipe from forum) and made some cream cheese icing to top it in the thermie (very good idea Thermomixer).  I used the icing recipe from the carrot cake in the Aus basic cookbook.  What a great combination.

Good to hear that somebody agrees - I love the combo.

I then had a go at making puff pastry for the first time.  Very good fun!  I was amazed at how well it turned out.  I don't know why I ever doubt my themie.  Anyhow I made some pastie filling in the thermie (minced meat with lots of grated veg, curry powder, salt & pepper etc) and made some mini pasties.  I had so much of the filling left in my tmx bowl at the end that I added some water and relish and turned it into a savoury mince (thickening it with flour).  I then had just enought time to cook up some mashed potato to top my savoury mince for tomorrow nights tea - shepherd's pie (too easy).

... and next week on Masterdhef Challenge - in the Green Corner - Chelsea !!!

The pasties were a big hit at tea time and I had great delight in telling my hubby that everything on the table was made in the thermie - dinner rolls, butter, pasties, tomato sauce, lemon cordial and banana icecream (with grated chocolate sprinkled over it - yum) for dessert.  If only it were Sunday everyday!

CONGRATULATIONS

It is a great feeling - Sunday is usually MY BIG DAY in the kitchen.  Re-did the chicken nuggets to get timing etc for posting.

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.