Author Topic: Two choc raspberry brownies (with photo)  (Read 3517 times)

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
Two choc raspberry brownies (with photo)
« on: January 28, 2012, 03:48:13 am »
Name of Recipe: Two choc raspberry brownies

I have created this by combining bits of other recipes - not intentionally at first, I intended to make two separate brownies but forgot to check the number of eggs in the fridge before I started, so had to adapt. The basis was Johnro's Cranberry and Chocolate brownies (http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=6237.0), then I added bits of Black and White Raspberry Slice from Simply Heaven volume 2.

Ingredients:
•   125g Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
•   ¼ cup / 55g white choc chips
•   ¼ cup / 45g caster sugar
•   175g butter
•   200g dark chocolate
•   1 ¼ cups / 155g plain flour
•   ½ teaspoon baking powder
•   1/3 cup / 30g cocoa
•   5 eggs
•   ¾  cup / 165g brown sugar
•   200g frozen or fresh raspberries, defrosted if frozen

Preparation:
1. Add cream cheese and caster sugar to TMX bowl. Beat together on sp 4 for 5 seconds. Add 1 egg and combine on sp 4 for 5 seconds, scrape down bowl and mix another 5 secs on sp 4. Add white choc chips, stir in on soft spoon speed in reverse for 5 secs. Set aside and wash bowl.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave.
3. Place all remaining ingredients in TM bowl, mix for 10 secs on sp 5.
4. Add melted chocolate and butter mixture to the TMX bowl, mix 20 secs sp 6, until mixed but do not over beat.
5. Place chocolate mixture evenly into greased and lined slice tray or square pan.
6. Spread cream cheese mixture on top and swirl through the top of the chocolate mixture.
7. Add raspeberries on top, pressing into mixture slightly.
8. Bake in 170 degree oven for 35-40 mins. (Johnro's advice was for the brownie this is based on was "when tested, the skewer should be slightly sticky for a fudgey type brownie – cook longer for a drier end result, but a crisper edge will be produced with longer cooking time". - this is definitely true for this one too. I think I left it in too long as the edges were quite dry while the middle was yummy and moist)
9. Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream and raspberry coulis.

Fingers crossed as I haven't really done such an adaption before - I have mucked up the number and type of ingredients many times but not created something new(ish).

As above, the edges were too dry (you can see in the picture how it had browned a bit) and not so tasty but the rest was really good. If I had known in advance I would not have served the edge bits, particularly the corners. I will take it out much sooner next time. I  have adjusted the cooking time above accordingly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:47:43 am by KerrynN »
Kerryn

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Two choc raspberry brownies
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 04:35:23 am »
Yum sounds really nice. I'm looking forward to hearing what the end result was like and a photo.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.