Author Topic: Frozen Illusion Cocktail  (Read 16207 times)

Offline kailey47

• View Profile
Frozen Illusion Cocktail
« on: August 17, 2011, 08:28:14 am »
I made these on the weekend and they were a major a hit, even the blokes were into them!!!  ;D

Ingredients

800 g Pineapple Frozen chunks
100 g sugar
150 g Midori (or Melon Liqueur)
150 g Malibu
150 g vodka
75 g Cointreau
pineapple juice or lemonade (optional)

Preparation

1. Add Sugar to bowl and mill for 10 sec on Speed 9

2. Add half the pineapple chunks. Slowly turn the speed dial to Speed 10 for 20 Sec. Use the spatula to assist.

3. Add the other half of the pineapple chunks. Slowly turn the speed dial to Speed 10 for 20 Sec. Use the spatula to assist. Scrape down the sides.

4. Add the Alcohol and mix on Speed 8 until combined (about 45 to 90 seconds). Have a taste test, if it is too strong or not sweet enough add some Pineapple juice and mix on Speed 8 until combined (about 10 seconds).

5. Pour & Enjoy....

Tip

You can also add the pineapple juice directly to the glasses so each person can adjust to their own tastes.

If you want a bit of FIZZ, you can add some lemonade instead of pineapple juice.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Frozen Illusion Cocktail
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 09:24:07 am »
This sounds really nice kailey47 and I have everything except the pineapple otherwise I'd be out in the kitchen right at this minute trying it.  How many glasses did it make, I will be making just enough for myself so I think this might be a tad too much, hic  ;)
I also found another nice cocktail recipe recently which I have tried but I want to try a variation of it before I post it.  Love cocktail recipes  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 09:53:04 am »
Ooooo i have all of these ingredients including the frozen pineapple chunks. Can't make them tonight as it's a school night. Going away on the weekend so won't be able to make them then either. Will have to wait unless.............would it be rude to phone ahead and ask our hosts to put some pineapple in the freezer and then bring the rest?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:35:31 am »
Of course not Twitterpated, I'm sure they would appreciate it - I certainly would  :)

Offline kailey47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:38:27 am »
It is very very yummy!!!!

Judy it makes 2 litres (before adding pineapple juice or lemonade) so yes it may be a little much for 1 person... hehe We got about 8 large glasses out of each batch. It is quite strong, but most of us drinking it like it that way, so if you prefer it a little weaker it would make even more

Twitter I don't think that is rude at all, they will probably appreciate it a great deal once they taste it!!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 12:17:45 pm »
Thanks for that, now to work out how to make 1-2 glasses of it.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 02:44:31 pm »
Try this for 1-2 JD  ;D ;D

80 g Pineapple Frozen chunks
10 g sugar
15 g Midori (or Melon Liqueur)
15 g Malibu
15 g vodka
7.5 g Cointreau (you might need to measure this out or just go the whole hog and have 10g!!) 8)
pineapple juice or lemonade (optional)

This is just 10% of the recipe, going on the fact that it made 2 litres before other liquids (probably really more a single drink size!)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 03:31:42 pm »
I had never heard of melon liqueur but would you believe it ASDA sell it here in the UK @£10.47 a bottle. ;) ;) ;D ;D So UK members we can join in this cocktail experience :D :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 02:49:32 am »
Thanks Kathryn, pineapple is on my shopping list for today so tonight I will be making myself one of these.

CC, glad you can join in too.  If you lived closer I could make enough for both of us  :-*

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 08:09:53 am »
Thanks Kathryn, pineapple is on my shopping list for today so tonight I will be making myself one of these.

CC, glad you can join in too.  If you lived closer I could make enough for both of us  :-*
I would love that Judy.....Just need Star Trek technology to either transport the cocktail or me or you with a cocktail in each hand :D  :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 12:27:59 pm »
Kailey, this is a lovely cocktail - I can see why the guys wouldn't let you girls have it all to yourself.  This picture is straight which is OK for one drink but if you intend having a few more I would definately dilute it with pineapple juice or lemonade. Thanks for posting it and thanks Kathryn for the quantities for 1.