Author Topic: How many versions have there been of the printed EDC?  (Read 8614 times)

Offline babyw

• View Profile
Re: How many versions have there been of the printed EDC?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 04:04:33 am »
I have seen a new hard cover EDC on the web.  Is this available yet and is it different in any way to the current EDC?

TIA

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 04:13:39 am »
I read somewhere the other day that all demonstrations from now would receive the new EDC. I THINK. It may be purchased by owners for about $40. Either check with your consultant or HO.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 05:40:11 am »
Down at our local shopping centre today there was a thermomix stand and I asked the man and lady who were demonstrating if we would be able to buy it if we already have a tm and they said to get in contact with my consultant and yes we could  ;D it looks really nice and doesn't have those stupid ring binders which forever come apart  :-))

Offline Alexis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 05:45:30 am »
I've just checked my 2007 version against the list CP did in 2009. My book has 31 less recipes. I think I might have to but the latest EDC.

Offline Alexis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 06:22:57 am »
I've just checked it against the last one and the difference is around 75! Definitely time for a new book.

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 12:11:01 pm »
Someone has a copy of the new edc on eBay and they're asking $199 for it.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »
The new EDC is being supplied with all Thermomixes sold atm - from 9 April.  It is substantially different from the current book, in looks, style and moderately different in terms of content.

Yes, it can be purchased for $40 from Group Leaders, although if you host a demo in May you can purchase for $25 or receive a new EDC free if someone buys at your demo.

I saw it at my last training as one of our team was at Thermofest and all attendees there received one free.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one as one of my recipe conversions got chosen to go into this publication.  It doesn't give customer or consultant names any more though but if you have any comments on Steamed Ginger Puddings I'd be very keen to hear your comments. 
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Alexis

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 04:42:38 am »
I bought a copy of the new EDC yesterday. It's beautiful, especially when compared with my 2007 version.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 05:40:15 am »
This may become a best seller for HO LOL
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 09:51:31 am »
I saw one today...I commented on another thread about it. It does look lovely. There are 4 new recipes and 4 old recipes not there anymore. I'm sorry I don't know which recipes though! I decided not to get one as pretty as it is, it is just too similar to my 2012 version to justify the cost I think.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Alexis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 10:45:45 am »
It has 75 more recipes than my 2007 version.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 08:06:12 am »
I'd be very interested to see if any of the tweaks that I wrote up for Tenina went into it. I didn't ever receive a book, but that's not why I did it.
It was so frustrating to hear people complaining that recipes from the EDC didn't work.

Unfortunately, my computer crashed some time after writing that document, so I no longer have it. Tenina might still, though probably not.

I'd be interested to see the new book. My sister went to a demo recently and four of the people at the demo already had TM's (poor consultant!!). They said they preferred the one with the ring binding as it sits flat and fits into their recipe book stands.

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand