Author Topic: Choc Chip Cookies  (Read 83032 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Choc Chip Cookies
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2011, 03:15:16 am »
 :) i made these again yesterday,  but  I left out the egg yolk and added a tablespoon of white vinegar ;D to make them cruncher.

fantastic my kids loved them, so making more today.

Robyn ;D ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2011, 05:36:24 am »
You will have to educate me Robyn - how does leaving out the egg yolk and adding vinegar make them crunchier??
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2011, 05:00:11 am »
That does sounds interesting about the vinegar, Robyn and Karen.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how you" gradually add flour" --is it through the whole while the egg yolk is being mixed in at
speed 3?

No one esle has had this question, so I'm just a bit thick, but have sent son down the shop for choc chips, and want to get it right!  Thanks in advance.
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2011, 11:37:07 am »
Okay, so what I did was added the flour in 3 x 50 g lots and mixed on 3 for a few seconds each time.  Then mixed on interval speed.  The cookies were great!  Thanks for sharing.
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2011, 11:45:47 am »
lol, Sorry Lellyj, Just seen your comment. I actually don't add the flour gradually, I just throw it all in at once then give it a mix, scrape it down the a bit more of a mix before doing the knead speed.
Glad you liked them.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 04:27:27 am »
just out of the oven smell and look great

i also left out the egg but added 2 tablespoons of vinger and 60 grams of coconut

thanks dede
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 08:41:03 pm »
:) i made these again yesterday,  but  I left out the egg yolk and added a tablespoon of white vinegar ;D to make them cruncher.

fantastic my kids loved them, so making more today.

Robyn ;D ;D

obbie,would the vinegar tip work with any cookie/biscuit recipe

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2012, 02:04:44 pm »
OMG!!! I just made these using rice flour, what a disaster, i tried googling to see if i could substitute rice flour for white flour, and the answer seemed to be a bit mixed, but one lady wrote that she just subbed it in choc chip cookies, so i thought i would give it a go, i added 2 tsp of baking powder also, well, i have one very flat mess!   :'(
it tastes pretty awful too, not sure if i milled the riceflour for long enough as it is a hard and grainy. does anyone have any tips, i was trying really hard to make something as i am going out for morning tea tomorrow, and there will be a little 5 year old there who is wheat free, so i thought i would make something that everybody could eat, (i dont think anyone will want to eat these!!!  :-[  )
now i dont know what to take tomorrow!
the answer is chocolate, who cares what the question is!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2012, 09:52:45 pm »
Nicky, here's a GF double choc chip biscuit recipe - either try that or compare it to what you did with your failed rice flour recipe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 04:53:57 am »
thanks judydawn, i was just using riceflour as that was what i had in cupboard, and as it was 8pm when i decided to make them there was no way of getting gluten free stuff (and my cornflour was wheaten)
 funny thing is, our morning tea got cancelled as the host went into hospital and had a baby!!!!! 2 weeks early. also, hosts husband is a chef, so dont think he would have been impressed at all!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 06:12:00 am »
Sprinkle some fruit juice/sherry over them. Put in the bottom of a nice bowl and add custard and then jelly over them. Choc chip trifle. Or stir them into a batch of vanilla icecream. (after crushing them)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 08:41:37 am »
I tried making shortbread once with riceflour that I had milled in the TM.  They were terrible.  I thought about using them as a cheesecake base but in the end decided not too.  They were grainy and horrible and I didn't want to waste any more ingredients.  I don't throw much away but they had to go. :)

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2012, 04:25:29 pm »
yes, these are so grainy, i think adding anything else would be a waste too. the kids are actually eating them!

Offline Tam

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2012, 11:02:04 am »
My children loved these ;D
I agree, much nicer than the EDC ones........
BTW, I accidentally left out the white sugar (too many interruptions >:() HOWEVER, I went ahead with them as I usually reduce the sugar amounts anyway - WELL, they were beautiful and I must admit that I won't add the white sugar next time I make them.  It produced a lovely soft crunch (if that makes sense.....) I might try the vinegar trick next time as I find it really hard to make crunchy biscuits.  So really hap with these - thanks!!!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2012, 11:17:38 am »
Interesting Tam, I never thought of leaving out the white sugar. Might try that next time and see if the kids notice any difference. I make these often as they are always a favorite. 
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.