Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9010967 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1845 on: October 19, 2009, 12:42:50 pm »
Have you worked out why they were terrible ILB?  Better stick to your Nan's corn patty recipe and just add different vegies ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: October 19, 2009, 01:54:11 pm »
Tonight I finally had a crack at cooking the spaghetti in the bolognaise sauce which turned out really well.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: October 19, 2009, 08:42:07 pm »
I used up leftover sausages from the Birthday party in a pasta dish today.  Threw together some tomatoes, white wine, herbs & garlic, then cooked the pasta in it, adding the sliced up sausages at the same time.  It was a nice comfort food.  I'm trying to decide whether it was worth posting in the recipes section - DD and I (bearing in mind I like pretty plain food at the moment) gave it 4 out of 5 stars.  DH gave it 3.5 until he added some spice, then gave it 4 out of 5.

That was it today, as today was the Louse Trauma Day.  DD came into the bedroom this morning saying her head itched.  The rest of the day was spent painstakingly combing them out, trecking to the chemist to get the special shampoo.  Then combing it out again ....  Fun, fun, fun  :-))
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #1848 on: October 19, 2009, 10:48:42 pm »
oh no ILB, we LOVED those fritters, wonder what happened with yours? :(
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: October 20, 2009, 02:57:49 am »
I used up leftover sausages from the Birthday party in a pasta dish today.  Threw together some tomatoes, white wine, herbs & garlic, then cooked the pasta in it, adding the sliced up sausages at the same time.  It was a nice comfort food.  I'm trying to decide whether it was worth posting in the recipes section - DD and I (bearing in mind I like pretty plain food at the moment) gave it 4 out of 5 stars.  DH gave it 3.5 until he added some spice, then gave it 4 out of 5.
That's my favourite way of using up left over sausages, or any leftover meat for that matter.  It's also really nice then baked with grated cheese, if you can be bothered.  Makes something a bit different.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1850 on: October 20, 2009, 04:08:42 am »
What was wrong with the vegie fritters?  Hope that wasn't something I sent in  :-[ :-[ :-[
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: October 20, 2009, 06:00:08 am »
Was it the curry veg fritters?  I love those, although the recipe makes enough to feed millions.  What was wrong with them?

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: October 20, 2009, 09:16:03 am »
Made Butter Biscuits from the UK book, then used up a couple of cartons of cream to make some butter. Thought I had better make some scones from the EDC to use up the buttermilk...and bugger no cream now to put on the scones  :'(
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: October 20, 2009, 10:27:32 am »
Converted a WW recipe for tuna & spinach mornay pie topped with potato/celeriac mash - true comfort food at its best.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: October 20, 2009, 12:15:00 pm »
Converted a WW recipe for tuna & spinach mornay pie topped with potato/celeriac mash - true comfort food at its best.
That sounds delicious!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: October 20, 2009, 12:41:08 pm »
I made a pasta dish, called Fettuccini with creamy capsicum sauce, partly using the TM, both for chopping the veg and for cooking the fettuccini.

Also made some little Rocky Crunch cakes.  Like a rock cake really.  Saw a recipe on the side of a packet of Kellogs Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and so converted and made in the TM.  They turned out great, nice and crunchy on the outside and soft inside.  Perfect with a cuppa and for DH to take to work.

Then I finished off a dessert that I started the night before, only doing half quantity as a trial. 
Called "Coeur a la creme d'anjou with raspberries". Fancy name for something so small, but they are basically whipped cream, stiffly beaten egg whites and ricotta that's all beaten separately and then combined with a little sugar, orange & lemon juices and put into little heart shaped moulds that have drain holes in the bottom and you line with muslin to allow any liquid to drain away while they chill overnight.  Just before serving you un-mould and remove the muslin, top with fresh raspberries, sprinkle with icing sugar and drizzle with raspberry coulis. 

Oh boy are they nice, so very light, only tiny, but a nice ending to a special meal. I need to work on the presentation a little more, maybe play around with how to drizzle the coulis, but I'm happy with how they turned out for a first time.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:43:39 pm by JulieO »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: October 20, 2009, 12:52:46 pm »
You've been busy today JulieO - wonderful creations indeed. How lucky are your family.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #1857 on: October 20, 2009, 01:04:44 pm »
Yes it was the Curry Vegetable Frittersn pg 46. Just remembered that Iforgot the corn, but that shouldn't make much difference. They were just way too strongly flavoured and no matter how long I left them in the fry pan the batter didn't cook through.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: October 21, 2009, 05:54:45 am »
For lunch today I made Mayet's Adobo recipe to go with Karonjulie's Non-fried Fried Rice.  Both winners but I needed 2 TMX's for this meal.  Made the chicken and pork dish first and kept it warm in the thermosaver whilst the rice was cooking but for visitors I would make the meat dish the day beforehand, leaving just the rice to be cooked on the day. Reviews in relevant threads.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1859 on: October 21, 2009, 06:04:51 am »

... "Coeur a la creme d'anjou with raspberries". Fancy name for something so small, but they are basically whipped cream, stiffly beaten egg whites and ricotta that's all beaten separately and then combined with a little sugar, orange & lemon juices and put into little heart shaped moulds that have drain holes in the bottom and you line with muslin to allow any liquid to drain away while they chill overnight.  Just before serving you un-mould and remove the muslin, top with fresh raspberries, sprinkle with icing sugar and drizzle with raspberry coulis. 

Oh boy are they nice, so very light, only tiny, but a nice ending to a special meal. I need to work on the presentation a little more, maybe play around with how to drizzle the coulis, but I'm happy with how they turned out for a first time.

Good work for a first time.  Have you seen Christine Manfield's big book Fire?  (Just go and look thru it at the bookshop if nothing else).  I am pretty sure that she has a recipe for a chocolate couer a la creme.  Last time I had one was at a special French meal with lots of pork and offal (which I adore) - and it was soo creamy - think they used fromage frais intead of the ricotta and lots of cream!!!  Ours weren't light - but delicious.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.