Author Topic: Meat balls/rissoles  (Read 12307 times)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Meat balls/rissoles
« on: January 04, 2011, 05:09:40 am »
Name of Recipe: meat balls

number of people - 2 adults and 2 children with veg:

These are all approx as I didn't measure anything  ??? :-)) sorry.....
400g mince
One carrot
One small- medium onion
One medium potato
One large home grown yellow squash or 3 bought ones
One egg
Homemade bread crumbs
Parsley -small handful
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
This is also approximate as I just chucked the bits in and chopped till they looked small  :D ;D
Chop onion speed 5-6 for 4 sec
Add carrot and potato and chop 5 sec/speed 4.
Add squash chop 4 sec/speed 4.
Add mince, egg, parsley and a good amount of bread crumbs either  :: for 1 min or mix on  :-: speed 3 until combined. If the mixture is too wet add more crumbs till the texture is right to form meat balls

Turn TM bowl upside down twist blades as per removing dough. Place TM bowl back and whizz for 1 sec on turbo or speed 10 use spatula to scrape remainder from bowl. I always make a heap of mini ones for the kids and then larger for DH and I. I didn't count them but there was approx 11 large ones and heaps(15) of baby ones

We BBQ'd them - they were really moist- I think due to the squash.

I have always put carrot and potato in my meat balls/ hamburgers but the squash just added to the flavour. You could basically put anything in with them, lentils, mushrooms, fetta etc good for extending the mince and for clearing out the crisper :)

members' comments

CP - meagan these will be a regular meal in our house now. I have never had a good recipe before this and I have found that these meatballs don't fall apart. First time I made it I stuck to your recipe and the second time I added a capsicum and broccoli. It's great to be able to use up bits of vegetables. I mince my own meat and chop the vegies for 1 sec less cos I like them chunkier. Really tasty, thanks heaps Meagan.

ope2kenope - Dinner tonight was based on this recipe.  Thanks for posting the idea Meagan.  I used onion, pumpkin and zucchini with some tomato relish and a teaspoon of vegie stock concentrate as I didn't have any fresh herbs. I served them as hamburgers on fresh made bread rolls using Isi's Very Normal Bread recipe with homemade oven fries on the side.  Needless to say, DH was a very happy man tonight. It was absolutely delicious.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:25:11 am by judydawn »
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: Meat balls/rissoles
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 05:11:28 am »
I can't seem to modify my post  ??? I also put some parsley in the mince mix too just a small handful and some salt and pepper  ;D
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 04:10:22 am »
meagan these will be a regular meal in our house now. I have never had a good recipe before this, and I have found that these meatballs don't fall apart. First time I made it I stuck to your recipe, and the second time I added a capsicum and broccoli. Its great to be able to use up bits of vegetables. I mince my own meat, and chop the veges for 1 sec less cos I like them chunkier. Really tasty, and thanks heaps meagan  :-* (the photo is of the first batch of uncooked rissoles so you can see the colour)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 05:15:50 am »
They look lovely and healthy. The entire meal in the rissole. I'll definitely try them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:07:13 am »
Dinner tonight was based on this recipe.  Thanks for posting the idea, Meagan.  I used onion, pumpkin and zucchini with some tomato relish and a teaspoon of vege stock concentrate as I didn't have any fresh herbs.

I served them as hamburgers on fresh made bread rolls using Isi's Very Normal Bread recipe with homemade oven fries on the side.  Needless to say, DH was a very happy man tonight.   ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 09:37:41 am »
Sure does look good O2K.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 10:05:13 am »
Have to say, it was absolutely delicious.   ;D ;D

There's half a dozen left over rissoles in the freezer now which will keep DH happy for lunches next week and I have tried out par-baking the rolls to see how finishing them off from frozen goes as well.  Gee I love this forum and all the great ideas and tips everyone provides.