Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521340 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #13335 on: January 16, 2015, 11:00:32 am »
Gert, which model did you get? I take it from your comment that you'd be recommending it? :)

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: January 17, 2015, 06:02:00 am »
Well, I'm taking the Kambrook back tomorrow. I've seen a Kogan that looks identical to the Phillips for under $106.
3.5kg capacity. I've been told that Kogan products are fairly similar to the "real thing". DH is now asking why I didn't get this in first place? Well that's because you bought it honey.  :-))
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: January 17, 2015, 06:37:10 am »
LOL. Men! Gotta love 'em.  ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13338 on: January 17, 2015, 07:19:34 am »
LOL too :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13339 on: January 17, 2015, 08:47:16 am »
I have the Philips XL and I love it. No smoking no fuss, dead easy to use and clean. I was very skeptical at first but find I am using it most days for things I never thought I would from simply ,roasting a tomato  for breakfast to full on meals. I haven't used my oven in months.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #13340 on: January 17, 2015, 09:48:32 am »
Thanks Gert.  I was going to buy one last week but a neighbour told me that the Phillips didn't have good reviews but I couldn't find this info.  I knew that Judy loved her's and after reading your comments I will now have a look at the machine.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13341 on: January 17, 2015, 09:51:41 am »
There haven't been any further returns of the XL by forum members Trudy so fingers crossed things stay that way.  Like Gert, I love mine.  None of my appliances get used very much these days but I do have to cook occasionally so it's nice to have them all for different purposes and variety.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13342 on: January 17, 2015, 10:34:32 am »
I have the Philips XL and I love it. No smoking no fuss, dead easy to use and clean. I was very skeptical at first but find I am using it most days for things I never thought I would from simply ,roasting a tomato  for breakfast to full on meals. I haven't used my oven in months.

Gert

Thanks Gert

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: January 17, 2015, 10:36:28 am »

Gert

I am the same Gert, I was going to put 2 oven in my new house but am now thinking I will buy another AF instead.  So quick to heat up and cook with.
Denise

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #13344 on: January 17, 2015, 12:03:44 pm »
Why would you buy another AF? Is it because the inside of the AF is not large enough?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: January 17, 2015, 12:15:18 pm »
Because I like different components of a meal cooked in it and my fussy vego DD doesn't like anything  she eats to touch meat. They don't have a huge capacity for a family . They are basically another oven at  a much smaller price tag.
Denise

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #13346 on: January 18, 2015, 07:17:53 am »
Because I like different components of a meal cooked in it and my fussy vego DD doesn't like anything  she eats to touch meat. They don't have a huge capacity for a family . They are basically another oven at  a much smaller price tag.

I'm with your DD Bedlam, don't like my meal touching meat. I'm still routing for my toaster oven.  ;D Will get the Kogan version of the Phillips if DH insists.  :), hopefully he will forget about it and life will go on and I don't have to find space to store it. Having said that we have excellent storage space.  :-\
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: January 18, 2015, 09:10:55 am »
Thanks Judy.  I knew you loved yours!!

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #13348 on: January 18, 2015, 10:44:45 am »
I just bought some of these shoes :) http://moxonline.com.au/twist/mox-platinum.html
I've wanted some for ages and have only heard good things about them...I think they might be good for swelling feet for work...and maybe even for hospital (worn in the shower) and might make me feel a little more 'human' than wearing slippers all day! Fingers crossed they work for me!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13349 on: January 18, 2015, 11:28:00 am »
Nice shoes Jamberie 8) I bet they will be light to wear on your feet. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.