Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4521678 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #12705 on: September 18, 2014, 10:16:28 pm »
Oh gee I recently bought my paper white. Who can I complain  to? I wanted the latest model. Can I get money?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #12706 on: September 18, 2014, 11:21:09 pm »
Love it Gert!  ;D

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
« Reply #12707 on: September 18, 2014, 11:33:02 pm »
So funny Gert!

I do love my paperwhite, but turning pages easily one handed, hmmmmmmm......

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12708 on: September 19, 2014, 12:30:16 am »
Maybe I should update my Kindle still have the old 3G with keyboard :D :D

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #12709 on: September 19, 2014, 12:58:16 am »
Thanks for the morning chuckle Gert!

Sounds more advanced than my trusty old Kobo reader, Emme! 3G? What's that? ;)
The battery life is starting to bug me now, so must be time for me to look around.
All my books are of course Kobo now, so I am not too sure how well they would transfer to kindle (which wasn't available here back in the dark ages when I bought mine), so I guess I am stuck with Kobo...although I shouldn't complain because it loads library books easy peasy which i hear others don't.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

stacelee

« Reply #12710 on: September 19, 2014, 02:00:22 am »
I tend to read on my iPad mini although I am really tempted to have a look at the waterproof Kobo when it is released.  I love reading when I'm in the bath etc and always worry that I will drop my iPad.  My daughter gave hers a bath in a footbath about a year ago and it was NOT happy.

Just on another note :).  I've finally booted up the new machine...really happy with it.  I won't share much here because I'm not sure how much I can without breaching the rules.  What I will say is that it is a true commercial machine, it is easy to use, it is not a competitor in the domestic market for the thermomix because it is not anywhere near as pretty or as user friendly.  The jug is very heavy in comparison and it sits a lot higher so for short people like me you can't see into the jug without removing it when on a normal bench (I keep telling my husband we need to redesign our kitchen :) ) but as a plus it is extremely quiet.  I would be just as happy to recommend the machine to people in a commercial environment as I am to recommend the TM to friends for use at home.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12711 on: September 19, 2014, 02:25:08 am »
Thanks for the morning chuckle Gert!

Sounds more advanced than my trusty old Kobo reader, Emme! 3G? What's that? ;)
It is the local telephone network which is up to 4G now just means I can download with that or Wifi, think I would just go Wifi next time as I don't use the other at all now.  I did when I first got it as I did not have the Wifi

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12712 on: September 19, 2014, 03:37:11 am »
Just recently went on the web to see if a new model was coming out, and there was not even a whisper that I could see. From what I see an ounce in weight doesn't make that much difference. The page turning sounds interesting, as does the self adjusting light. Not too keen about it showing fingerprints easily as I find this distracting whilst reading. When I got the Paperwhite I got it ahead of its release here in Aus by paying a "broker" to get it. The Voyage sounds like something I can wait to see in Dick Smith when it lands on our shores probably sometime next year, otherwise I'm more than happy with my existing Kindle. Being waterproof would be excellent though (not for me cos I always have a shower, but for others who like reading in the bath like stacelee, and of course around the pool).
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #12713 on: September 19, 2014, 11:10:30 am »
Oh gee I recently bought my paper white. Who can I complain  to? I wanted the latest model. Can I get money?

Gert
☺️😊😉

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12714 on: September 19, 2014, 12:20:32 pm »
Thanks Gert.  ;D ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #12715 on: September 19, 2014, 11:36:37 pm »

Gert
☺️😊😉

Kimmys sig line answers this for you Gert  ;D ;D ;D
:D

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #12716 on: September 20, 2014, 12:56:28 am »

Gert
☺️😊😉

Kimmys sig line answers this for you Gert  ;D ;D ;D

It certainly does!!

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #12717 on: September 20, 2014, 05:03:07 am »
I went to Gaganis Bros yesterday. I started with a basket and ended up with a trolley. I went for couverture chocolate and vanilla paste, and ended up with a whole lot more. I've bought fresh yeast, rye flour, kibbled rye, wholemeal spelt flour, plain flour.......I can feel some bread making coming on.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12718 on: September 20, 2014, 06:26:07 am »
What, none of those huge bags of frozen berries which you bought when we went there last August as part of our Adelaidefest get together LOL.  Sadly, I haven't been back there since but I loved that place!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #12719 on: September 20, 2014, 07:06:10 am »
I went to Gaganis Bros yesterday. I started with a basket and ended up with a trolley. I went for couverture chocolate and vanilla paste, and ended up with a whole lot more. I've bought fresh yeast, rye flour, kibbled rye, wholemeal spelt flour, plain flour.......I can feel some bread making coming on.

Love that place.

Gert